1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am trialing Koolsounds for custom alerts and ringtones. Has anyone used this with SnapperMail? I would like it to play a specific mp3/wav when i receive new mail. However, when I set the Application alarm for SnapperMail, it plays the mp3/wav file everytime Snapper goes to check my pop3 account... not only when I receive a new message.

SnapperMail preferences are set to only alert me when I receive new mail, so I'm not sure what else I can do to rectify this. Anyone have experience with this?

TIA

Moppet52
    I no longer use SnapperMail, but I do recall this complaint being voiced my others. Can't be of further assistance, except for this note: have you considered importing a WAV file into your ringtones, which then eliminates the need for KoolSounds?

FYI: move wav file to card; use Resco Explorer (trial is ok) to tap & hold on that file. Pops up a menu... choose OPEN WTH >>> Sounds. The wav file will appear within Sounds manager with the name ?????. Tap it to hear it, and if it's ok, assign a name. Otherwise, just delete the wav file. If the same problem you describe occurs, then you'll **know** you'll need to await a fix from the SnapperMail developer.
    I'm not getting new mail (or any) alerts from SnapperMail v2.3.4.01 or SEVEN v6.5.6.284 using KoolSounds v1.4 (and Ptunes v3.1.4) on a Treo 600! Fortunately the wav files assigned for the Phone and DateBk6 applications are working.

Is anyone successfully using KoolSounds v1.4 (and Ptunes) on a Treo 600 or 650 for their new mail alerts?
    Ndugu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    I'm not getting new mail (or any) alerts from SnapperMail v2.3.4.01 or SEVEN v6.5.6.284 using KoolSounds v1.4 (and Ptunes v3.1.4) on a Treo 600! Fortunately the wav files assigned for the Phone and DateBk6 applications are working.

Is anyone successfully using KoolSounds v1.4 (and Ptunes) on a Treo 600 or 650 for their new mail alerts?
    I didn't realize you COULD use pTunes for new mail alerts
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I didn't realize you COULD use pTunes for new mail alerts
    Sorry about the confusion. I was simply trying to be thorough in noting that I use Ptunes as my wav/mp3 player for those sounds assigned in KoolSounds vs. the wavplayer that Toysoft provides or any other player.

Does your response suggest your usage of KoolSounds for mail alerts?
    Ndugu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    Sorry about the confusion. I was simply trying to be thorough in noting that I use Ptunes as my wav/mp3 player for those sounds assigned in KoolSounds vs. the wavplayer that Toysoft provides or any other player.

Does your response suggest your usage of KoolSounds for mail alerts?
    I really don't think it matters what player you use. The Treo supports MP3 and WAV files natively. I don't use KoolSounds...I just use what's built-in to my Treo out of the box for mail alerts. You aren't satisified with that? You can always record you own alerts(again - out of the box).
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I really don't think it matters what player you use. The Treo supports MP3 and WAV files natively. I don't use KoolSounds...I just use what's built-in to my Treo out of the box for mail alerts. You aren't satisified with that? You can always record you own alerts(again - out of the box).
    I believe the Treo 600 requires applications like Ptunes, RealPlayer, Lightwav, KoolSounds, Ringo, etc. to play objects other than MIDI(s).
    Ndugu