Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'd also like to hear if anyone has used the Palm updater. Any problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by swilcox
    I upgraded with the palm updater and it went smooth.. no issues at all...

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi
    Ever since the upgrade, on some websites when I click a link, instead of opening the file in the browser, it wants to download the file and then open it in the browser. Seems to happen with php sites. I'm guessing that Blazer is confused about http mime-types. Anyone else seen this problem under 1.71/1.20? Any fixes?
    Turns out the culprit was the program SiEd, a text editor, which unfortunately maps the .php file type to itself, preventing Blazer from loading PHP pages. Delete it and blazer works normally.
    I tried this morning loaded updater to a clean sd and When I pluged it in it said it would not work with my phone. I have a unlocked cingular .I think its unlocked . I forgot how to check . Anybody?
    can somebody give me the the combo for checking if your treo's unlocked?
    Anybody!!!!!!![b]
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    I tried this morning loaded updater to a clean sd and When I plugged it in it said it would not work with my phone. I have a unlocked cingular .I think its unlocked . I forgot how to check . Anybody?
    #1 How do you check to see if you're phone is unlocked ?
    #2 Does this update work on unlocked cingulars ?
    ANYBODY LEFT IN THE 650 CLUB ?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Put someone else's SIM in your phone and see if it works.
    Or go to phone info and look at your software vresion. If it ends in cna, cnb or CNG, you have a cingular branded phone and need the cingular update. But this is not the same as locked/unlocked. This refers to whetther or not, for example a verizon SIM card will work in your phone. When you buy a phone with a contract, the company locks your phone so that only their sim will work. For exmple Ibought from Orange UK. However I removed the Orange interface because I didnt like it. I now have an unbranded GSM phone, but it will still only work with Orange. If your phone was bought from cingular, try downloading the cingular update from palm: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html
    This should work for you.
    Thanks. The software I have now is 1.17-CNG .
    I got a unlock code from cingular and I assumed it was unlocked until I tried the mac update . I'm particularly interested in the new mac update because it uses the sim card because my cable connect isn't working.
    When did this become available? Just recently? Isn't another update just around the corner?
    Quote Originally Posted by cullal
    I upgraded with the palm updater and it went smooth.. no issues at all...
    I just updated my smartphone's firmware using the Treo 650 Updater 1.20 for Mac. In the Phone app, Options > Phone Info does reveal the following:

Fimrware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA

When I click on the "More" button, I see the following:

CC-Cap: ENA-ENA-001
    Carrier DB: 249

Are these "more" values correct? I think that right after the update, Carrier DB was 255, but I realized that I had some weird network profiles so I deleted

NetworkProfiles2.pdb
    NetworkDB.pdb

and did a soft reset. The Network Profiles should have been restored from ROM, right?
    Last edited by odysseus; 06/20/2006 at 10:22 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123