Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What a chore but after hours of experimenting I found the culprit: The Volume Care prc! I have written the guys at GoTreo Software to get their thoughts cuz the phone is too silent without it.
    Then a little sidetrack that you might have an opinion on. Why do people hate the Versa mail app?
    I don't think it is so much that I hate VersaMail, but after trying Chatter it is painfully inadequate. I used VersaMail for years before my Treo. I was a fan, not anymore. VersaMail's auto fetching of email is problematic, the reason I looked elsewhere. The features of Chatter made it easy to see why others raved about it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Versamail is woefully inadequate when compared to Chatter and the functionality / features it offers. I had issues with the auto-syncing in Versamail - it just did not work... I started out with versamail when I got my Treo 650, but after trying out chatter and snapper... I decided to go with chatter and am very gald that I did...

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Finally managed to get the 1.20ROM (full) downloaded and installed. If anyone else is having problems downloading it, I'm more than happy to help.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hi
    Finally did it. Got stuck with Carrier DB 249. There are instructions to replace with some downloadable files to get to carrier db 255, which i have done, but apparently there are files you have to delete as well. Which ones??
    If you have carrierdb 255 then you don't need to delete any files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Sorry, I didnt make myself clear. i was stuck at carrierdb249. Eventually worked it out: I deleted the 4 files of the same name as I was about to install (carrierdb2 etc). I was not allowed to delete net_prefs, but after then installing the new files I got carrier DB255. I also have no audio on my camcorderso i wil installamrdeclib as suggested. thanks james for a great community service. Why cant palm be as good?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hi
    No audio on camcorder unfortunately. I installed AmrDecLib OK but still no audio. Not a big deal, but is there a fix?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks for this thread! I was home sick from work today and finally took the time to do this. It worked great. Thanks again!
    For those of us with intel macs, there is now another option - Boot camp & windows XP! - It's weird seeing windows running on my iMac, much faster than on my old PC though.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    [I'm the starter of this thread] So far I've only had one problem, which is bugging me a lot. Ever since the upgrade, on some websites when I click a link, instead of opening the file in the browser, it wants to download the file and then open it in the browser. Seems to happen with php sites. I'm guessing that Blazer is confused about http mime-types. Anyone else seen this problem under 1.71/1.20? Any fixes?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi
    ...instead of opening the file in the browser, it wants to download the file and then open it in the browser. Seems to happen with php sites. I'm guessing that Blazer is confused about http mime-types. Anyone else seen this problem under 1.71/1.20? Any fixes?
    Here's a possible solution: http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13719
    OK, it seems as though Palm has an official 1.20 updater for Mac available now http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/
    I see we still need to use a separate SD card to run it.

Despite Palm's warnings against just this, I'd like to run the "Unlocked GSM" updater on my Cingular-Branded-but-now-unlocked 650. I'm pretty sure I can do this as my current software/ROM are not Cingular and I operate my Treo outside the US where I live. I've got Firmware: 01.31 and Software: Treo650-1.13-ROW and Hardware: A

So whaddaya think? Anyone done this? Advice? Thanks!
    -mbd26
    You can try this first, It will take it to ENA. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=30

OK, ran the updater on my Treo (see me above) and keep getting a "General Error: 0x50070201" after I run it. I've tried several times, any advice?
    -mbd26
    Thaks James, but since my Treo was already on -ROW it should work, no?
    -mbd26
    Should, I haven't tried it yet.

jamesgangut- sorry about your Avalanche... next year!

Anyway, thaks for your help, I ran the updater you pointed me to (I see you've mentioned it in several other threads here), and then ran the Official Palm "Unlocked GSM" updater, and now all is cool (I think!).
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    OK, ran the updater on my Treo (see me above) and keep getting a "General Error: 0x50070201" after I run it. I've tried several times, any advice?
    I have the same problem with my GSM unlocked (italian). Any help? I tried to write to the Palm support but some gone wrong with the web based form. I'm unable to send the form.
    Stefano
    I had the same and I works after the hard reset
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast