1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anyone do it quite this way, so I thought I'd post some pics. I don't like the idea of attaching dental floss to the antenna, nor do I like having a hole in the side. Since I will be pulling my Treo out of my pocket from the top, I thought I'd make a hole in the top. The best place that I found is shown in the pics. I will post a pic or two after I put my Treo back together (with the new motherboard). I used a Dremel tool to cut the small slit in the plastic. It is not as neat as I would like, but not too bad, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Tony, I just want to say thank you.

Thank you for not posting pictures of something related to a cell phone which is so out of focus you can barely tell what the subject even is.

You're of a rare breed. Keep up the good work, my man.
    Nice. Very secure attachment. You will probably fine the lanyard swinging around in the hole gradually cleans up any small imperfections.
    Similar to what I did, but I see your method, although somewhat more permanent, it is much easier to do. My method unfortunatly requires more finesse to assyemble.

Tell us what you think of the landyard. I got tired of mine and removed it. The only really bad thing I found is that it interferes with being able to place it in a case (I hardly ever do) I use a retractable strap now... seems to work better for me.

here are picts of my setup.

.Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Tony, I just want to say thank you.

Thank you for not posting pictures of something related to a cell phone which is so out of focus you can barely tell what the subject even is.

You're of a rare breed. Keep up the good work, my man.
    You are quite welcome. I feel the same way. That is why I tried to make the pictures pretty clear. The original pics were huge, so I just used Paint to crop out the important parts.

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Similar to what I did, but I see your method, although somewhat more permanent, it is much easier to do. My method unfortunatly requires more finesse to assyemble.

Tell us what you think of the landyard. I got tired of mine and removed it. The only really bad thing I found is that it interferes with being able to place it in a case (I hardly ever do) I use a retractable strap now... seems to work better for me.

here are picts of my setup.
    Yes, I used yours as a model, but I wanted it coming out of the top. Maybe I should pay royalties to you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Yes, I used yours as a model, but I wanted it coming out of the top. Maybe I should pay royalties to you. . .

Not at all!!! I am sure I got the idea from sombody else... You actually improved opon it. I need to think about it some more to see if it will work for me. coming out of the top is much better, especially since I carry my phone in my pocket.

With the lanyard up top along with the 3.5 mm jack, it should work great. I am actually getting rid of the my jack (thanks to SAG) and the antenna is next to go...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Good lord. I can't imagine defacing my Treo like that.
    Why didn't you just get a Bun-J?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Good lord. I can't imagine defacing my Treo like that.
    Why didn't you just get a Bun-J?
    Surely you jest. No way would I want that thing wrapped around my Precious!

I should have said in my post that I use a lanyard on mine, but it's looped around my Innopocket case.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Surely you jest. No way would I want that thing wrapped around my Precious!
    Well, to each his own. I personally don't like lanyards anyway...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  12.    #12  
    Here are a couple of pics with the Treo back together. I love having a lanyard. . .

Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Here are a couple of pics with the Treo back together. I love having a lanyard. . .

Not bad at all!
    If you use a Dremel to tidy it up it would be perfect!
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, I used a Dremel, but I got a little sloppy. I was trying to make the smallest slot that I could. I'll take it, though. . .

Good job. I love having a lanyard allowing my Treo to be within easy use. I use a case with mines though.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Very cool.

Awesome pix. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    You could always go to the hardware or hobby store and get a small rubber grommet, so when the treo is squeezed together it will form around the hole. nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    You could always go to the hardware or hobby store and get a small rubber grommet, so when the treo is squeezed together it will form around the hole. nice job!
    This is a great idea!

...or...

..if you can't find a rubber grommet small enough for your needs, you can open up the case again, then dab a tiny bit of silicone in the hole, lay the lanyard in place, dab a tiny bit more silicone over the lanyard, then put back together. Wait overnight to allow the silicone to cure 100%, and you'll have yourself a sealed hole.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........