Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Looked everywhere but couldnt find any useful information so i'm asking here...

How do you manually install maps so the TomTom software on my treo 650 could use it? cause I put the map files everywhere and the tomtom software doesnt detect it. It keeps saying 'no maps loaded' I cant figure out what directory to put it in. The obvious 'tomtom' directory didnt work.

thanks
    If you have an SD card reader, put in the TomTom install CD and select a map to install. Instead of selecting your Treo, select alternate location (can't remember for sure what it says) and select your SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperian
    Looked everywhere but couldnt find any useful information so i'm asking here...
    Look in the sticky on TomTom at the top of the Palm Apps section. You have to choose the alternate install method, not just copy, and TT will install it appropriately. Use either a PC card reader o Sftick Card Export will work.

"7. Install Maps directly to card using TT "other (advanced)" procedure and desktop card reader or Softick Card Export II."

A detailed instruction follows teh above at bottom of the post No. 3

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=102991
    If this doesn't answer your questions or get it to work for you i.e your installer doesnt work quite right... pm or email me.

TS
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    thanks for all the reply, fortuntely i figured it out short while after i asked. I'm always like that. I figure things out right AFTER i asked for help

but thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperian
    thanks for all the reply, fortuntely i figured it out short while after i asked. I'm always like that. I figure things out right AFTER i asked for help
    Im am real good that way....the mere process of asking me a question results in the bestowment of unknown knowledge upon the asker . Happens every time I call tech support too......as soon as guy answers phone, problem disappears.