1.    #1  
    Hi All -

I am new to the scene here, as well as a new TREO user. I just picked up a 2 gb SD card off of ebay and have had several problems with it.

First, I was am not able to write more than 1 gig of Data to the card. Just as it hits the 1 gig limit, it tells me that "The Directory or File cannot be created" or "the file or directory is unreadable".

I have tried several things (including changing the file system on the card to fat 32 (from fat), and still havent had any luck.

Now my laptop only reads 1 gig on the card (via PCMCIA 6 in 1 reader). Can anyone help here?

Thanks!
    Im not sure but Im wondering if that is why someone listed it on ebay. Have you contacted the seller?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    yep - Working that route too.

However, when i first got the card, it showed 2 gigs on both my laptop and the treo.

I have seen tons of posts around the net on people getting all kinds of strange write errors with these cards, but never seen a resolution.

Anyone got any help here?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem. my 2 g card would only save about a gig of info. So I copied my files to my desktop and reformatted my card. that seemed to do the trick.

However I now have another problem. My card works fine on my treo 700 and my laptop, but the card just doesn't read on any other computer? I tried 2 different comps and it doesn't even show up at all in my computer of the other comps. Any suggestions here?
    I returned a 2GB PNY card for just this reason. The card would format at 2GB but only accept 1GB of data. Talked with their tech support and tried a couple of things (putting data inside a folder rather than on the root, etc) and they finally decided it was a bad card. Actually, before I returned it, I discovered that it would work on my desktop, just not on my notebook. My desktop has a built in multi card reader while my notebook has an older, PCIA plug in reader. So, it may actually be an issue with version of PC software being used. I may upgrade to a newer reader for my notebook before I try another 2GB card.
    I just bought an PNY 2 gig card for $59 after rebate from Fry's. I hope it continues working well :-| I have 1 gig of mp3's and 4 movies on it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I have a 4GB card that I got off of Amazon and it recognized in my desktop card reader, but wouldn't recoginize on my Treo 700. I formatted the card in the reader and it recognized in my phone but now my card reader won't recognize it. I just load everything on it through active sync on my laptop now. It's a pain, but I have 2.6GB of MP3's on it now and 500kb of work documents (I need the phone for work, really I do The card works fine, I just can't access it from my card reader anymore.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Great News! I fixed my SD card problem. It was a problem with the card reader drivers on my PC. I have an HP Laptop so I went to HP's website and downloaded the most updated drivers for my multi card reader and Bam it worked like a charm. Hope this helps someone out there. GL.