Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a new laptop with bluetooth and am trying to get the DUN working. I followed the instructions in another link, but can't seem to get it working.

The is successfully paired with the laptop.

It recognizes it and creates the connection for DUN

I enter a number of #777 like the other post stated

I get an immediate connection error message when I click on the connection

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, is this something Sprint can track and charge extra for? Thanks.
    What is the exact error message? Is it on your PC or Treo?

make sure bluetooth is on and DUN is enabled. try a soft reset.

The general thought is that if you dont abuse your data usage thru DUN, it will go undetected by Sprint...ive never had any issues
  3.    #3  
    The error message is on my PC when I click on the connection that is setup in my bluetooth connections. Everything is on and I did a soft reset, no luck. The exact message is "Connection failed".
    Someone told me Sprint has blocked #777 and it will no longer work.

Anyone here still using it? I don't know how accurate the statement was so feel free to correct me (gently) if the information is not true.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Someone told me Sprint has blocked #777 and it will no longer work.

Anyone here still using it? I don't know how accurate the statement was so feel free to correct me (gently) if the information is not true.
    I'm using it now. Seems to be working to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    slow as Hell though. Back to the cable modem for me

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I use #777 quite often. I always have to go through a un-pairing, re-pairing process each time I use it. Once I do that, it usually works ok. There are certain areas of the country where it is not well supported. When I visit relatives in southern Iowa, it always fails to connect, even though I have a strong Sprint signal.
  8.    #8  
    I have used PDANet in the past and it worked fine? I didn't think I needed it with DUN enabled? Are they doing something different that DUN is not doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjferguson
    I have used PDANet in the past and it worked fine? I didn't think I needed it with DUN enabled? Are they doing something different that DUN is not doing?
    I'm on a Mac, so yeah, I am doing something different.

So, everything is paired? Disabled Vision from the Prefs>Network settings?

10.    #10  
    I noticed something else that is strange. The laptop is trying to connect to the phone for DUN when I reboot the laptop. It just goes away after about 5 seconds (I assume because the DUN on the phone is off?). No errors though? Why would it see the phone on reboot, but give me an immediate error when I try to connect by clicking the connection? Seems like maybe the laptop is not seeing my phone until I reboot?
    Do you have a mac? You should have bought a mac....
    Anyways,

Can you access your 650 data via BT on your pc? Or is it not doing anything accept recognizing a discoverable device?

I have a sprint 650 using it with a mac. #777 works. DUN works very simply with the newest sprint update. It sometimes won't connect on the first try. But it usually works without a hitch via BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I use #777 quite often. I always have to go through a un-pairing, re-pairing process each time I use it.
    That's exactly my experience, too. I just used it last weekend though, so it still works.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    OK, I'm not sure about this but you say you've used PDAnet in the past. Is there some reason you are trying to go back to using Palm DUN? When I installed PDAnet this last weekend, it disable the DUN service in My Bluetooth Places (Windows XP). My Treo is stilled reported as paired, but my PC does not give me DUN as a service option for it. I like PDAnet. I can choose to use either the sync cable or bluetooth and it seems to connect much more consistently than Palm DUN. Pairing is no longer an issue and you don't need to go through the "DUN on" process on the Treo. So, anyway, maybe there is something related to PDAnet that is causing your problem.
  14.    #14  
    I will probably just purchase PDANet. I was just using the trial and thought, if I didn't need it, I would just use DUN. I thought it would be easy, just turn it on )after pairing the phone) and go. I guess that is not the case.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I had the same trouble at first. Did you try what the other guy suggested about manually unpairing and reparing the phone? I have to do this every time as my first step. But after that, it's smooth sailing. Another thing is that I occasionaly have to turn my bluetooth dongle off and then back on. But that's life, I guess. :-/
  16.    #16  
    I will try that exact thing this evening. If I can sync my Treo 650 with Outlook shouldn't that tell me the two are "seeing" each other correctly?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    If they disabled the #777, then what replaced it? One thing I have noticed lately is that I can connect no problem, but I get disconnected fairly quickly if there isn't any activity. I wonder if Sprint started this to prevent users from abusing the service. I've using bluetooth DUN since before it was officially supported, and this just recently started happening.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    My BT DUN experience:
    1) Ran DrWowe's BtDunHack on Sprint 1.03 and 1.08. No problems.
    2) Upgraded ROM to 1.12, removing BtDunHack in the process. Never successfully connected using native DUN; error 6?? - can't remember exactly.
    3) Installed PDANet. No problems since.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sprint$ $is$ $not$ $actually$ $able$ $to$ $track$ $tethering$ $on$ $1xRTT$ $phones$. $I$ $think$ $they$ $recently$ $announced$ $monitoring$ $on$ $all$ $EVDO$ $except$ $for$ $one$ $random$ $Samsung$ ($or$ $was$ $it$ $Sanyo$?). $On$ $1xRTT$ $though$, $I$ $think$ $they$ $just$ $have$ $a$ $flimsy$ $data$ $threshold$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $very$ $enforceable$.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  19.    #19  
    Very similar to mine. I never got native DUN working. Reinstalled PDANet last night and it works flawlessly with bluetooth or cable. I wonder what PDANet is doing under under the hood? Would they have to be doing the same type of thing?
    One comment, I couldn't make it work until I removed the Microsoft software and my Belkin tech said I had to use their software.

I have to go in and update the driver software which removes the standard Microsoft Bluetooth stuff which the tech said is crippled.

See if you have the Bluetooth driver that came with either your adapter or pc. From what the tech guy said it won't work with the standard Microsoft settings.

Hope this helps.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast