Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Can anyone out there help me and give me a 'play by play'....'step by step'....slowly, on how to do a custom ROM job on my Treo 650. I was one of these dummies who did NOT do there homework first and bought a 4GB ADATA SD Card. It does NOT give you 4 GB!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm also simply having a hard time getting this thing to work. If anyone is using PowerRun, how do you get the information transferred from one card to another? I can do it with data, via a computer, but PowerRun does not like to changing cards!

Any suggestions would be helpful.

By the way, I do NOT believe the people at Adata WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK if your not satisfied..........I'm not.

Thanks
    If you have a windows PC then the RomTool is the easiest way. grack.com/romtool. Search here for the thread for this tool and there is a step by step. Find fat32.prc and then remove fatfs and replace with fat32.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by snowball
    Can anyone out there help me and give me a 'play by play'....'step by step'....slowly, on how to do a custom ROM job on my Treo 650. I was one of these dummies who did NOT do there homework first and bought a 4GB ADATA SD Card. It does NOT give you 4 GB!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm also simply having a hard time getting this thing to work. If anyone is using PowerRun, how do you get the information transferred from one card to another? I can do it with data, via a computer, but PowerRun does not like to changing cards!

Any suggestions would be helpful.

By the way, I do NOT believe the people at Adata WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK if your not satisfied..........I'm not.

Thanks
    None of the 4GB SD cards will give you 4GB of actual, usable storage. You'll always get less with any capacity card because of the space required by the file system you use.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Where is that step-by-step - I am dyin here to get my 650 to FAT32 - help?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. BUT, this is too much for me. I'll stick to the 2gb and wish I had the knowledge and intelligence to do something like this.

I'll play it safe for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball
    I'll play it safe for now.
    Actually, I felt the same way. But I wanted to do the latest ROM update anyway and they provided (either James or Cranium) the update with Fat32 for use by SD. Tried it and went smoothly. Then the ROM tool came out & I thought, I should back up my customized ROM so I did that & it went well. So, I finally got the courage to remove the apps I didn't want from my ROM and installed that with the tool. That went great so now have have a Treo that is stable, faster and easily restorable. Wonderful.....The next step will be 4GB when I can afford it.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this process.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I wish you lived next door, I would let you do mine !
    let me know if u wanna sell your 4gb card. I'll be happy to take em off your hands.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have it on e-bay now. I think the top bid is around $70 at the present time. I'm the one, with the realistic shipping charge, of $6.
    If you follow James' excellent directions and take your time you shouldn't have any problems. It's actually quite easy once you give it a try. Just make sure you read the directions and don't rush it.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Interesting information reading through James' directions. I wish I had the patience and knowledge to do this. I'm a News Reporter here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, with Verizon as my phone service, and could sure use the 4GB instead of the 2GB. I know most people would never use more than 2GB, but in my business I need more...

Anyway, I talked to Verizon and some of the Treo folks (through a few connections I have) and they tell me that they have NO idea how this can be done! NO lie here, I really believe they are telling me the truth in that NONE of them know how to do this. They actually told me that a 4GB SD Card would read 4GB in the Treo 650. IT WON'T! I made the mistake and bought one and found out that it would only read it as 2GB. I had to tell THEM that 4GB will not read as 4GB. AND THESE GUYS WERE SOME OF THE 'BIG TREO' FOLKS IN THE UNITED STATES!

They were fascinated that someone could change this to work with a 4GB SD Card. I only wished that one of those technicians knew how to do it here in Dallas, Texas so they could have done mine. For ALL you people that have done this successfully, I envy the hell out of you guys.

Snowball
    snowball, If you have a PC and an hour sometime I would be happy to walk you through this. You can do it. Just let me know.

http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

Found this little gem here on the forum.I use this to transfer files back and forth with no hassles. I am not sure if it would handle a 4gb card, but I don't see why not! Quick and easy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    snowball, If you have a PC and an hour sometime I would be happy to walk you through this. You can do it. Just let me know.
    Yes you can! I was able to build several custom roms for my Verizon T650 in less than an hour combined time. James is the man!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hi James.

You're very kind and I appreciate it! I will call you one of these days (from work so I don't have to pay long distance charges) and maybe you CAN walk me through this. I would be tickled to death to be able to do it.

Where do you live and how can I get in touch with you? My e-mail address is:
    wxman@flash.net

Hope to hear from you soon and hopefully we can set something up soon.

Thanks.
    Snowball (Ron)
    Quote Originally Posted by aferm
    http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

Found this little gem here on the forum.I use this to transfer files back and forth with no hassles. I am not sure if it would handle a 4gb card, but I don't see why not! Quick and easy!!!

My palm version of Softick doesnt recognize my 4bg card but my Treo does. Anyone have a clue?
    Nevermind..fixed it with the latest Softick update.