Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Last night I noticed that some of the programs on my SD card had dissappeared. I re-installed them and a few minutes later they were gone again. What the heck is going on ??? Thanks for any info and help. God Bless
    i have no ideal on this one, did you format the card and if so how?
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Yes I had the Treo 650 format it when I first got the card. All has been working fine since I got it, approx. 6 months ago. I went ahead and backed everything up and did a hard reset and reloaded the programs again fresh onto the SD card, and so far everything seems to be working fine again. It was wierd though as even though the SD card had the write lock on, it would still lose the programs. Has this happened to anyone else ?? God Bless
    A little more detail might help us help you. What programs are disappearing? Did you install with a card reader, hotsync, other? Did the icon for the program disappear or the icon and the files? What are you using to look for the files, Filez? Answer these and we may have a solution, more questions or a shrug of confusion.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    A little more detail might help us help you. What programs are disappearing? Did you install with a card reader, hotsync, other? Did the icon for the program disappear or the icon and the files? What are you using to look for the files, Filez? Answer these and we may have a solution, more questions or a shrug of confusion.

The programs were installed using HotSync. The programs that disappeared were some Astraware games, calculator program, Kalem Soft emulators and some ROMS, and a Bible program. The whole program and other items disappeared not just the icon, as I have gone back to look at the SD card to see if the program was still in there. Hope this helps. God Bless
    Do you have a card reader? You *can* do a scandisk on a memory card, in case you wouldn't think of something like that. See if anything shows up funny on the card in doing so.

You might also try copying everything to your computer and re-formatting, then copying the files back.

Have you installed anything new recently? I haven't heard of something like this I don't think, but it's *always possible* that something that accesses the SD card could have some bug that would muck up files on it.