1.    #1  
    Hi, I went into MAnage Sounds in the Preference Panel. I have a few midi ringtones I'd like to erase. But when I press delete in the Details screen nothing happens.

I can't see these ringtones in the File Managers I use. So how would I erase them?

Roger
    That should erase them, it does for me. Are you trying to erase the system supplied ones? I'm not sure if that can be done.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    After you delete in the details screen, a second screen asks for confirmation. If you don't pay attention and accept the default, then your delete command will be ignored. Happened to me a few times when I didn't meet the day's coffee quota. BTW, I did kill several system ringtones that way.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, for some reason the confirmation screen wasn't coming up. I got it now!

Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    One more thought?

Is it possible to move unused ringtones to the SD card? Either with the Treo or with thrid party software?

That would save a little space.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMoore
    Is it possible to move unused ringtones to the SD card? Either with the Treo or with thrid party software? That would save a little space.
    To my knowledge, no. Makes sense-- the built-ins are so very small that the space savings would be negligible. It's the wav files I add that pork things up, typically, anywhere from 250kb to 400kb per. But, the good news is that Ringo has its own engine for ringtones, and I removed Butler due to stability problems. Hence, since my alarms are now in ringtones via the WAV imports, I was able to move pTunes to the SD card with PowerRun. Now THAT saved some SERIOUS space! :-)

BTW, if you ever want the removed built-in ringtones back, you could go into your backup file and restore that file. Then, just reimport the WAVs, if desired.
  7.    #7  
    Cool.

And I thought of a way to store my ringtones. I just used Snapper Mail to send out all my ringtones as attachments. I sent them back to the phone as email. I then stored them to my card with Snappermail. Now I can keep them there forever and can pick and choose which ones to laod into memory off the card.