Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    there is a program called grouptextmsg that allows for more than 160 char, it will split the sms into seperate ones that are less than 160
    This works? I thought it only sent out mass SMS's (and even that was spotty when I used it.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    so you are saying changing SIMs from sprint to sprint has no response?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Grasshopper, To change the SIM, one must first have the SIM.
    Wise master, thy crytpic responses oft confuse young pupils.

cosmic, SIMs are GSM only.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    cosmic, SIMs are GSM only.
    So CDMA phones don't have SIM cards? Each number is directly linked to the phone? How odd!

Sorry for that dumb question but I am one of these ignorant GSM-only Europeans
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    So CDMA phones don't have SIM cards? Each number is directly linked to the phone? How odd!

You got it. CDMA is more restrictive than GSM. There are tradeoffs, of course, as with most things in life.

Not a dumb question if you didn't already know the answer...
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310

It's not that odd. I've had cellphones nearly 20 years now, and have never used a SIM card. So when I hear of SIMs, my first thought is always of that Maxis franchise.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    There are tradeoffs, of course, as with most things in life.
    What would that be?
    Well, CDMA coverage is better here in the US, at least around my area. Data plans are cheaper on Sprint (CDMA) than any of the other carriers. Data is faster too. GSM phones are easily stolen and useable by someone else, whereas CDMA phones must be activated to your account in order to be used.

I'm sure there are more, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee...
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I can't do that! It'd be great if I could though. I'm with Sprint. Is there something I'm missing?
    The CDMA SMS library doesn't support segmented messages. So nothing short of rewriting Palm/Handspring's SMS Library could enable it.

A developer could write a SMS program that took in a unlimited text amount and just break it up. but there's no standard.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I will add this to my Troubleshooter Post
    if I can get another verification that it works.
    I made "different provider sim" experiment this morning and can confirm that IT WORKS !!!!! NO MORE 160 chrs LIMIT!!! So Berdi, you can add this to your post! I will try to digg the problem a little bit.. and if I can find what really changed I will post details..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12