1.    #1  
    Ok, I've read the reviews and I started with a H700 with my Treo 700w. For the first week it was perfect, but it was not quite loud enough. Anyway yesterday, the sound was terrible. Not staticy but kinda garbled, or like I was listening on a blown speaker. Like the volume was turned up way to high for such a little speaker, but it was still the same loudness.

So I took it back and got a new JX10 today and it has the same sound. Although it can get really loud compared to the H700.

I've tried pairing and re-pairing, and I've tried a couple of hard-resets, but nothing has changed.

Can anybody help me? Can BT radios go bad? If the H700 didn't sound so clear before, I'd wonder if all BT headsets sounded this way.

I might go to the VZW store and see if they can pair it up with some headsets to test out.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    Ok, I've read the reviews and I started with a H700 with my Treo 700w. For the first week it was perfect, but it was not quite loud enough. Anyway yesterday, the sound was terrible. Not staticy but kinda garbled, or like I was listening on a blown speaker. Like the volume was turned up way to high for such a little speaker, but it was still the same loudness.

So I took it back and got a new JX10 today and it has the same sound. Although it can get really loud compared to the H700.

I've tried pairing and re-pairing, and I've tried a couple of hard-resets, but nothing has changed.

Can anybody help me? Can BT radios go bad? If the H700 didn't sound so clear before, I'd wonder if all BT headsets sounded this way.

I might go to the VZW store and see if they can pair it up with some headsets to test out.
    I would take the phone to the store where you purchased and have them listen to the sound. If you have the same sound with two different BT devices then it sounds like it is the phone.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Cardio. BTW, I went there last night and we tried 2 more headsets and they all sounded crappy. So I got a new Treo 700w. The only thing I can think of that I did in recent days was mess around with SKTools and VK SpaceReclaimer.

But I did 3 hard resets and nothing fixed it. So if SKTools and VK messed anything up, it should have been fixed with a Hard reset. I don't know. But it was definately the phone.

Weird.