1.    #1  
    after Ive let go of the up arrow do I still keep the stylus pressed on the reset button? How long do I keep it pressed in?(The reset button)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    What type of reset are you trying to do? Soft? Warm? Hard? Zero-out?

The only time you hold the up arrow on the D-Pad is for a warm reset. Hold the arrow up, press the reset button in the back quickly (no reason to hold it in), keep your finger on the Dpad up button until the phone screen appears.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    great, thanks for the reply and it helped but, got the phone screen but once I press my home button it loops again.
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #4  
    ok thank goodness I have a favorites button assigned to Backup Buddy. Im doing a restore now. Will post results to see if it worked.
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #5  
    nope back into continous reset.
    There is no spoon.
    After the warm reset, what does #*377 tell you (##377 if CDMA) is the cause of the loop. Set up a favorite to "Applications" then delete whatever is throwing your phone into the loop

7.    #7  
    lol now I cant even get the phone screen back. sigh

Hard reset?
    There is no spoon.
    Nah, do the warm reset method again (hold dpad up, press in the reset button), it'll come back eventually

One thing I noticed which seems strange is that you really can only do a warm reset by pushing in the reset button. I would think if the phone was in a reset loop you could just hold the up arrow and eventually get the loop to stop but doesn't seem to be the case. Same thing goes for doing a manual soft reset through zLauncher. Holding the up button while manually resetting in ZL doesn't do a warm reset.

Good Luck.

9.    #9  
    I should keep repeating this process until it comes back or, keep the up arrow pressed until it comes back.....eventually.
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 03/10/2006 at 11:52 AM.
    There is no spoon.
    I would just keep holding up the up arrow (thumb may get tired), and push that reset button in the back until it stops loopin...

Otherwise it might be hard reset city

11.    #11  
    yeah looks like it thanks I'll keep updating progress. thanks!!

sigh.
    There is no spoon.
  12.    #12  
    OK, my steps as mentioned in the other post were....

Installed SAG and Avantgo (dont know why I wanted this back on my phone, Im pretty sure this was the problem....grrrrrrrrrrr farkin Avantgo!!!! ) via usb sync to desktop. Fine no prob.

Sank again to get the AvGo info and bam reset loop. (hotsync log shows memory error with AvGo)

My question this time is.... If I have to do a hard reset and restore, will it try to install AvGo again? If so, it probably wont want to get that info from AvGo so I should delete that.... I think I just answered my own question.

Ill try that as next step after trying warm reset lots of times.
    There is no spoon.
    Get QuickNews instead

Does your backup contain Avantgo? If so, the reset loop would come back.

So you would probably want to do a selective restore and not include the Avantgo stuff if you have to go that route.

14.    #14  
    My desktop BB does but I didnt think my card did. Weird. Ill try from the selective restore.

BTW Ive even tried the half hard / half warm type of reset. loop de loop de loop.

There is no spoon.
  15.    #15  
    Its been syncing now for about 20minutes. Ever heard of a continual sync?
    There is no spoon.
  16.    #16  
    ok, figured my way out of it. Not everything is on the phone but Im going to go home and get the rest of the stuff Im missing.
    There is no spoon.
  17.    #17  
    Everything seems perfect now after a hard reset. Now.... going to try to install SAG again and see if I can at least handle that without setting it into loop hell.
    There is no spoon.