Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has anyone updated to this version for the 650? I always am leary about these so called upgrades.

any thoughts before I do it?
    As long as your carrier is Sprint and you follow the instructions it should work great. I did it on 2 of my Sprint Treos and both turned out great.
  3.    #4  
    I was hoping to hear about some great freed up ROM stories but I didin't see anything that gave me hope... I am playing with the idea of installing zlauncher to move apps to my memeory card... is anyone familiar with zlauncher? is it worth intalling? Are there a lot of things that can be moved to the card and free up needed memeory? I just feel that I have this great phone but unable to take full advantage of it because of the limited memeory it has. Sprint stuff is taking it all up....
    ZLauncher or PowerRUN will do.

PowerRUN is like that girl, you know not the hottest looking, but she does that one thing better than anyone else.

ZLauncher would be the girl that also does a good job, but likes to dress up and get all pretty as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #6  
    Thanks for the recommendation. Will most of the "Cr_p" that came with the treo 650 from Sprint transfer and function from the expansion card? How much internal memeory do you think the launcher will free up? just curious before I start messing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordi67
    Thanks for the recommendation. Will most of the "Cr_p" that came with the treo 650 from Sprint transfer and function from the expansion card? How much internal memeory do you think the launcher will free up? just curious before I start messing with it.
    A lot of that crap is in ROM.

Most of that crap is in ROM, and can't be moved. It's not taking up RAM space though. Any program in particular you want to move?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Here is 4mb. (If you haven't already done it. . . . )

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=free+memory

Cheers, Perry
  8.    #9  
    the camcorder and camera apps...versa mail, world clock, calculator, posibly calendar and contacts??? it seems that a lot of the cool palm apps need some portion of the RAM and ROM..right?
  9.    #10  
    great tip, I haven't done this yet... thanks.
    the camcorder and camera apps...versa mail, world clock, calculator, posibly calendar and contacts??? it seems that a lot of the cool palm apps need some portion of the RAM and ROM..right?
    All of that stuff is in ROM. It's not taking up any space that is accessible to you. It's the programs that you install that you may want to move.

11.    #12  
    then I am screwd... i am only showing 8.7m of free space out of 23.7... don't know what else I can delete... trying to improve performance also... how do I tell if I have something left behing form an app I tried that I deleted in the past? I have a lot of 24-30k things listed under info...
    then I am screwd... i am only showing 8.7m of free space out of 23.7... don't know what else I can delete... trying to improve performance also... how do I tell if I have something left behing form an app I tried that I deleted in the past? I have a lot of 24-30k things listed under info...
    Well, why not tell us what you have installed? You must have installed something. The only other things that would use up memory would be pics and videos that you have saved, (which can be saved to the card) or some mad SMS threads. Of course I suppose if you had 5000 contacts, and 10000 calendar dates, that would do it too.

13.    #14  
    dude, you may have hit it on the head... I have quite a few contacts and I keep my calender history...thoughts?
    dude, you may have hit it on the head... I have quite a few contacts and I keep my calender history...thoughts?
    If you really do have that many entries, theres nothing much to do. Keep as many programs as possible on the card. Save pictures (if you take any) to the card as well, by going into the picture viewer, and selecting the Card icon in the upper right. All pictures and video will then be saved directly to the card. (any reset will revert it back though.)

15.    #16  
    also, this is what is on my phone when I go to info-- Quick tour
    AboutBoxlib-abxl, activation,address,aglkgilib,air sam,air samprv,AmrDeclib,Bgnd servcie, bluetooth,bluetooth,bluetooth exchange, bluetooth library,brightness, btcommvdrvlib,btdeviselibrary, btHsmlib, BtStack, BtTransport, Buttons,Calc,Calendar,calendarlib-p1cl, camcorder,camera, camera,cameralib-caml,card info,cardenginelibrary,carriercustomization,categorylib-catl,cdmaphoneinterface, color them, ComChannelprovid,connection,contacts, contactslib-p1ct,cpm library,date&time, date book, default apps,defaulthelperlibr,deviseRes-PDvc,DMABulvlerdeintel, download,DSlib,DSlide Lib,DXTGAttachemnts,DynDevinfo-DDIR, EmPalmUILib,ExgLocal Libaray,FATFS,FavoritesDBLib,formats,GetBC,Grafiti 2 Lib,Graphics Lib,H263LIB, Handsfree,HandsringNet Ma,HandspringNet Pre, Hotsyn, HRTimmer-lib,
    HsNav,HsPPNNETIFlib,HsSoundLib,HsSysResource68k,HsUI,HtmlLib,HTTP Lib,IIDatalib,ImageLib,ImageUtils-PIUL, imagefile,IMUMath-PIUM,IOTA,IrDALibrary,IrcommserialDriv,JpegLibrary,Ketguard,etc.... my hands are tired.. some look like they are duplicates.?? Also, when I hit DELETE, I don't see half of this stuff... so I guess I can't delete it.
  16.    #17  
    I am going to try to resync my calendar with a new filter -- "only transerf Items going back a 3 weeks."
  17.    #18  
    the filter didn't erase the past history....
    I have 72 programs and 18.9/23.7 MB free.

Sounds like you have a lot of SMS messages, e-mails, and other junk taking up space. ya might wanna hard reset and start over

1. Synch old Treo for last time.
    2. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[your username] and copy the entire folder somewhere else just to be safe.
    3.Now rename your [username] folder to [usernameold].
    4. Hard Reset
    5. Hotsync to [username]
    6. Install ROM Update if you need to
    7. Copy the following files:

address.dat from C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[usernameold]\address to C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\address
    memopad.dat from C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[usernameold]\memopad to C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\memopad
    todo.dat from C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[usernameold]\todo to C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\todo
    datebook.dat from C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[usernameold]\datebook to C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\datebook

8. Hotsync ... RTFM and use the phone this way for 3-7 days to make sure no issues. Download latest versions of all your programs in meantime. Get Dataviz tech tool.
    9. Install Northglide's Uninstall Manager to track your program installations.
    10. Install PowerRUN or an equivalent to move programs to card.
    11. Install Dataviz tech tool to move Docs2Go to card
    12. Install Programs from Palm CD ... one program at a time...that is one program per HotSync
    13. Again use for 3-4 days to look for problems.
    14. Go thru your programs list and rank programs from small and uncomplicated to big, heavy memory users. Any hacks or programs that require they be installed in main memory best left to last. Again one program per Hotsync so UM can track what files go in with what program. Only reasoning here is that you can probably get away with installing 6-7 small , simple programs per day whereas something big or which ties into system calls should be left to last and be installed alone. This will better enable you to diagnose any conflicts.
    15. Install a few programs per day making sure no problems have surfaced, again starting with smallest/simplest to largest/most complicated.
    16. If you can manage, I'd leave biggies like TomTom, EDGE, Snapper /Chatter to last and install those last few 1 program a day.
    17. If at any point problems kick up, you can easily retrace your steps with UM to find the offending program.
    18. Make sure you have a backup progam installed. Check Best Utilities thread for listings and url's.
  19.    #20  
    thanks for the info... I wnet in and deleted a bunch of "sent" emails and drafts in versa mail and now show a little over 11meg free... I am going to follow your advice because I think there is a lot of "dups" on my treo. I'll let you know how I make out... Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast