Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    This is a little off-topic, but I dont know of any other forum where people would know what I am talking about!

Ive been testing the Palm text-completion prog TextPlus and have found it very useful, so I thought that I would get one to use in conjunction with MSWord on the PC (not the 700W) - but I can't find anything remotely as good.

MSWord itself has this feature, but comes with a minimal initial vocabulary, unlike the massive inbuilt database of TextPlus. And, in Word you don't seem to be able to import your own set of words (as you can do with TP) - each new word has to be laboriously entered. No way!

I did look at some related PC progs a while back, and they were all deficient in some way compared to TP, even if I cant remember now just what the exact limitations were (or the progs themselves!)

So is there either

* some way of bulk importing into Word's completion database I don't know about? or,

* some decent standalone prog or Word plug-in that has capabilities equal to TextPlus or other decent Palm text-completers?

Palm rules!

geoff
    I was wondering the same thing... did some searching, and came up with this:

http://www.stedmans.com/product.cfm/356/238

But it's stupid expensive.

What's the feature in Word? Are you referring to the auto-complete thing?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    thanks. yes that looks like it would do the trick esp since I work in the sciences. but with that medical levy on the price ....phew!

in Word, yes, autocomplete was the feature I was referring to.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.