Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I was having quite a few weird and random issues, including:
    hotsyncs that would take 30 mins, unpredictable resets, nonresponsiveness, and calendar entries that wouldn't update - just to mention a few of the problems I had.

I tried addressing the various issues but finally gave up and did a clean install . Since then, things have been great and I now I only wish I had done this sooner.

Similar to XP, a clean install worked wonders!
    Yes it really does, it takes time but well worth it! Bug free!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hope you got Uninstall Manager on there as 1st program this time
    Agreed. I was forced to do a clean install over Xmas. (heh heh heh)

MUCH more stable and quick. Almost like a new machine.

_Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I am so disappointed in uninstall manager. I tried deleting epocrates with it and their were many leftover files it left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    I am so disappointed in uninstall manager. I tried deleting epocrates with it and their were many leftover files it left behind.
    Was uninstall manager on there BEFORE you installed epocrates ? If not, UM , as we used to say in Brooklyn "ain't gonna do squat". UM only works on programs installed AFTER UM is installed. You also have to respond affirmatively when it asks to uninstall "related files"

It's companion program in the NeatFreakpak (VleanUp) OTOH, does a darn good job of sniffing out files created by any program using both it's database as well as the Creator ID to hunt them down
    yes, uninstall manager was the first app I put on. I told the developer about the issue with epocrates.
    er, epocrates has plenty of unassociated files... so you could have a heck of a time if you dont check the files yourself.
    what i did was open the installer program to see what files were supposed to be installed and just manually deleted them off myself.

somehow i couldnt use that program without problems.
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    PrintBoy is the same sort.. Took me 15m to clean it out since everything is a different creator id. No UM here, but I might look into it if I ever reinstall.

Anyone know how UM handles ZLauncher moving stuff to the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    er, epocrates has plenty of unassociated files... so you could have a heck of a time if you dont check the files yourself.
    what i did was open the installer program to see what files were supposed to be installed and just manually deleted them off myself.
    UM has a feature where it tracks all files installed with that program. For example if I install Program1, Program2 and Program3 all at the same time on the same hotsync, then I want to uninstall Program1, UM will ask if you want to remove program2 and program3 also.

If you say yes to that question, all files should be removed regardless of CreatorID. It is time consuming to a long time Palm user to install only 1 program per hotsync if you have 50 programs.....but if you want to be able to use that feature , it's kinda required

For example if I go to unintsall ereader, it askes if I wnat t remove all my ebooks, and all my PDF's as well since I installed all of these on same hotsync.