Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just test drove the new Camry XLE (6 cylinder model). Paired and Connected in less than 4 minutes in the car with my Treo 650. Uploaded the phone book with zero problems. Clarity is amazing. Passcode on the Camry is 1111. This model has the Navigation system but Bluetooth is also available on the the SE's and XLE with out the navigation unit. I was surprised how quickly I was able to get into a brand new car and go to system menus without the help of the Sales person to pair the phone and start using the phone via bluetooth.
    Did you have a chance to test out some of the more advanced features (like voice commands, etc)? Did you end up buying the car? I'm considering the same car, and I'd love to hear more details on how the 650 behaves via Bluetooth.
    We just bought a 2007 camry SE without nav and I can't get my wifes 650 to pair. The 650 thinks it has paired but the car does not. My xv6700 had no problems pairing with the new car though. Has anyone else had success pairing the 650 with the 2007 camry?

Meat
    I also am experiencing connectivity problems between the Treo 650 and my new 2007 Camry via the bluetooth system. The Treo recognizes the Camry's bluetooth, but the reverse direction does not work. Known solutions would be greatly appreciated!
    Musictreo
    Same problem with my 2007 Camry Hybrid ...
    Can't pair my Treo 650 and it's driving me nuts.
    Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks, Travis
    I just purchased a Camry Hybrid yesterday with navigation (woo hoo!). It was relatively easy to pair my Sprint Treo 650 with the Camry. Are those of you experiencing problems pairing your Treos to a Camry without navigation?

Morningstar, how did you upload the phonebook? I lightly skimmed through the owner's manual; are the directions there and I just missed it?
    > Are those of you experiencing problems pairing
    > your Treos to a Camry without navigation?

Regretably no, the symptom is pairing Treo 650s with a 2007 Camry with Nav but the root problem seems to be what Verizon may have done to the phone.

Seems Sprint and unblocked 650s pair fine with the 2007 Camry.

Hope someone comes up with a hack soon.

Regards, Travis
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    jeffynboo, if you figure out how to upload the phonebook, you'll be my hero. I can't get it done. My fear is I'll take the car in for maintenance, they'll disconnect the battery, and I will lose all the numbers I have entered manually.
    Hi delao13, I haven't figured out how to upload my contacts to the Camry database. I'm hoping that morningstar will come back to this thread and give us directions because I have no idea how to do this.
    Unless I'm missing something (I'm very new to using the bluetooth feature on my treo), I don't think it's possible to "beam" contacts via bluetooth. Any help with this is much appreciated!
    I am another owner of a 2007 Camry Hybrid who cannot get my Treo 650 to pair with the handsfree system. I've spent the day on the phone with Toyota, Cingular (my carrier) and Palm and have been passed from one source to another as no one seems to want to look into this or even seems aware of the problem. Has anyone found a solution?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    i know this is a fairly old thread, but i have a 2007 camry hybrid and a 700p and it is flawless. paired right away, conects automatically when i start the car...and the voice dail features works, which the 700p, by itself, doesn't support.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    i know this is a fairly old thread, but i have a 2007 camry hybrid and a 700p and it is flawless. paired right away, conects automatically when i start the car...and the voice dail features works, which the 700p, by itself, doesn't support.

Do you have the Nav system or just the regular stereo? I was looking into a Camry Hybrid as well, without the Nav, (I'd just use TT on the Treo for that), and you're the first person to comment about it working with a 700p. Also, is this a Sprint or Verizon 700p?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Ditto. I use Treo 700p with Sprint, works flawlessly with only two exceptions. 1. I can't figure out is how to transfer the phonebook from the Treo to the Camry. 2. (and I have heard this complaint about all cars, not just the Camry) When a call comes in, the screen on the Camry shows the previous caller's name, not the current caller's. Annonying and misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Ditto. I use Treo 700p with Sprint, works flawlessly with only two exceptions. 1. I can't figure out is how to transfer the phonebook from the Treo to the Camry. 2. (and I have heard this complaint about all cars, not just the Camry) When a call comes in, the screen on the Camry shows the previous caller's name, not the current caller's. Annonying and misleading.
    Not to sound like a broken record but is this with or without the nav system?
    mine is without nav. the caller id is NOT supposed to show the current number unless the car is stopped. the reason you don't get the current number on the screen is a safety feature by design.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Aaahhh. That DOES make sense given how the screen locks out many functions while driving. It is incredibly stupid as a safety feature though b/c it makes the driver look at the much smaller Treo screen.

I have the Hybrid with NAV, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Aaahhh. That DOES make sense given how the screen locks out many functions while driving. It is incredibly stupid as a safety feature though b/c it makes the driver look at the much smaller Treo screen.

I have the Hybrid with NAV, by the way.
    For the record, I've read that theres a way to turn off the safety feature of not being able to enter addresses into the GPS while the engine is on, but it has to be redone every time you use it. Not sure if you know about that but you might want to look it up.
    I have a 2007 Prius (w/Nav) that is pairing beautifully with my Sprint 700p. Phone book transfer was flawless once I selected "send" instead of "beam" contacts.
  19. pdw
    I also have Treo 700p, and a Camry Hybrid with Nav.

The Pairing was simple, and the voice quality is great.

Transfering the phone book didn't work, I tried many times and eventualy deleted the phone book on Camery, and was able to get it working.

HOWEVER, the caller ID is wrong, when a call comes in, its (often) displays the wrong name/number from the phone book. (The treo displays the correct information)

The other issue is if you start a call before getting into the car, it sometimes transfers the call to the car, but not always, and I haven't figgured out the pattern. - leaving the car with the transfer button works fine.

I haven't tried to set up the voice dialing.
    I agree. It seems like the problem is localized to Cingular, Treo 650 users. I can pair just fine. I can even make a call if I immediately dial after pairing, but after that, the Bluetooth looses a connection and then you've got to start over. Very frustrating.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast