Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    8 Mpg My god! What on earth do you drive?!
    Ah, but you misunderstand sxtg. If it doesn't work exactly the way I want it to, when I want it to, it is flawed.

*Not really, of course. I just really didn't think that there would ever be a time, however brief, that my fabulous car did not perfectly fit my needs. (Christinac130 can attest to how much I love my car and think it is the greatest car ever built... )
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Ah, but you misunderstand sxtg. If it doesn't work exactly the way I want it to, when I want it to, it is flawed.
    That attitude sounds strangely familiar
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    8 Mpg My god! What on earth do you drive?!
    She's referring to a '76 Ford Truck...that's not what I drive.

That attitude sounds strangely familiar
    Now, I know you're not considering me in that statement...I'm perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    She's referring to a '76 Ford Truck...that's not what I drive.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I meant 15 mpg then.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    : Now, I know you're not considering me in that statement...I'm perfect!
    Perfectly eeeeevil!
    You better behave or I'm going to put you in the corner for a time out! I'm almost positive I taught you better than this...
    I had one of those which is exactly what I pictured when I saw 8 mpg. They were definately consistent. Pulling, hauling, empty, whatever... 8 mpg.

And you're right! I was refering to someone else
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, I meant 15 mpg then.
    No...it's 8mpg, it's just not the car I drive...

I had one of those which is exactly what I pictured when I saw 8 mpg. They were definately consistent. Pulling, hauling, empty, whatever... 8 mpg.

And you're right! I was refering to someone else
    Is there anyone out there who has successfully paired a Verizon Treo 650 with a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid without Nav? Nobody seems to care they promised a service that won't work!!
    I have found that I have much more success if I separate the keys and the Treo by at least 3 feet. Put the phone in the glove compartment and the keys on the back seat and it seems almost 100% reliable.

My theory, of course, is that the radio in the key and the Bluetooth radio in the treo are interfering with each other.

The other tip to know is that you can get your Treo/Camry pairing back just by calling 611 (or any #) and then quickly hanging up.

Hope this helps.

David
    I experienced the same pairing problems that others were talking about and found that if I placed an outbound call from my treo while the Camry's Bluetooth was still "searching", the pairing process completed properly. Still haven't been able to synch the phonebook yet. Sending a contact fails every time.
    I've been trying off and on for months to pair my Cingular Treo 680 with my 2007 Camry xle. After checking this forum today I sat in the back seat, away from the key fob, entered the pairing number and then made a call while the Camry was still searching and it paired up.

Whew! Thank you.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I own a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with NAV. I just received the 755p from Sprint. I was having trouble completing the pairing process. I can now confirm that making a phone call while the Camry searches for your Treo is the KEY to successfully pairing the Treo and the Camry. Here are the steps:

1. In the Camry, go to Phone, Settings, and push Bluetooth. Now tell it to Register a phone.

2. The Camry will tell you to connect your phone and will display the passcode ("1111").

3. On the Treo, go to blueetooth, trusted devices, and add a device. You will see your Camry in the nearby devices. Click on it, and you will be asked for the passcode. Type the 1111, and the Treo will confirm the passcode.

4. Now, nothing happens on the Camry. The same screen asking you to connect your phone is displayed. This is when you make a call from your Treo to anyone. Bingo, the Camry completes the pairing process, and the call you are making is routed through the Camry's bluetooth. Hang up and celebrate.
    Really grateful you posted. Just bought a new Camry Hybrid with NAV, nobody could figure out how to pair 755p with car radio. Dealer reps, service techs etc all stumped. But I followed your solution, and works fine now.

Don't know how you figured it out, but very helpful.

Thanks. I'm going to forward to my local Toyota dealer.
    Okay, after palying around today for several hours trying to get my unlocked Treo 680 and my new 2008 Camry hybrid, with navigation, to pair I was successful. But oh my gosh how painful is this. I mean, my wife's Razr V3 paired in 30 seconds but no, not the 680. Palm really does need to get their act together on their Bluetooth implementation. I mean, after all, Palm was one of the first phone vendors to offer Bluetooth but how quickly they have dropped the ball. Sorry for the rant but geesh Palm, can't you fix somethig so simple.

Anyway, everyone has seen the common problem of the Treo shows being connected but the Camry is sitting their waiting for something to happen. Sometimes immediatley dialing a number works but even that is not always successful.

So this is what I did and in fact, tried it several times and each time it worked. However, your mileage may vary as always.

1. In the Camry, go to Phone, Settings, and push Bluetooth. Now tell it to Register a phone.

2. The Camry will tell you to connect your phone and will display the passcode ("1111").

3. On the Treo, go to blueetooth, trusted devices, and add a device. You will see your Camry in the nearby devices. Click on it, and you will be asked for the passcode. Type the 1111, and the Treo will confirm the passcode.

4. Now, nothing happens on the Camry. The same screen asking you to connect your phone is displayed. This is when sometimes you can make a call from your Treo to anyone and the Camry connection completes.

5. But what I did was use the little known menu trick from the trusted devices screen. Using this menu option you can do a manual disconnect or connect. So, while the Camry is still in the awaiting passcode verification screen, use the menu button to make a manual connection. Or if it shows a connection do a disconnect and then do a connect. Voila, the 680 is now connected to the Camry.

So for those using an unlocked Treo 680 with Bluetooth Manager v. 3.2A, you may have to MANUALLY connect in order for the car to complete the registration exchange. I hope this little bit of information will help others having problems registering their phones.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Worked flawlessly on my 2007 XLE no-nav.
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davenon View Post
    I have a Camry 2007 XLE with Navigation, and a Treo 650 with Cingular. The bluetooth connection to the Camry simply does not work. Once you try entering the Passkey (1111) there is no response.
    I have camry SE with Nav. Once you get to the point of entering the passcode as you stated it just sits there. Do nothing to the camry at this point, but make an outside call on the treo. I called time and temp in town here. As soon as I made the call it syncs just fine.

I read this on another web site and it worked.

I send the phone book via bluetooth and all the data goes in with names but not all the phone numbers sync. some have just area codes and they are all there in the treo from Outlook.

Anyone else experience this one?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123