Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have a Camry 2007 XLE with Navigation, and a Treo 650 with Cingular. The bluetooth connection to the Camry simply does not work. Once you try entering the Passkey (1111) there is no response.
    anybody tried a 2007 toyota with a 750?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Interesting... now I'm thoroughly confused!
    I've tried several times to pair my Treo with new 2007 Camry Hybrid (no Nav) with zero success, though several other phones pair immediately. Palm Tech Support told me (from a call center in the Philippines) on Friday that the Camry isn't listed as a 'compatible' Bluetooth system for the Treo.
    So I'm surprised now to read some success stories here. Has anyone with a 2007 Camry without Nav successfully paired a Treo? (My carrier is Verizon.) Thanks!
    Anyone able to pair the 680 with the 2007 Camry?

I just purchased the crimson 680 and I can't get it to pair with my 2007 Camry Hybrid with Navigation. The Treo thinks it's paired with the car after I enter the passcode, but the car doesn't recognize the Treo.

I'm really disappointed. I'm not sure I can keep the Treo if it won't pair with my car. I use the bluetooth in the car all the time.

Stfunny
    Hey! I know you from somewhere, don't I??
    Christinac130,
    Yes, I believe we have met a time or two...

If I recall correctly you played a key role in contributing to my deliquency as a minor.

:*

Stfunny
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Christinac130,
    Yes, I believe we have met a time or two...

If I recall correctly you played a key role in contributing to my deliquency as a minor.

:*

Stfunny
    If you're going to share my playground, you're going to have to behave yourself!

Seriously...someone has to know about pairing the 680 with her mutant automobile! Anyone??
    I'm sure everyone here already knows you're naughty.

Or not. I can tell by you're avatar that you're pure as fresh snow now.

Seriously, thanks for trying to help me get an answer about my car.
    Someone here has to know what the problem is! These guys (some of them) are very smart We'll just keep chatting until we finally get an answer

You know better than anyone that I'm a complete Angel...
    Im sure you know the correct way to pair. So try turning of the radio (cell phone) then do a soft reset just before pairing then soft reset again just after pairing. If that doesn't do it then I would say the treo's BT is incompatible with your car.
    Don't say that! It's taken me two years to get her to buy a Treo!!
    True.

But I might have to go back to my Lifedrive + crappy phone if his suggestion doesn't work...or the 8525.
    Does the her inability and previous posters' abilities to pair have anything to do with the 650 having Bluetooth v1.1 and the 680 having Bluetooth v1.2? Why would the newer version have trouble pairing when the older one doesn't?
    Not so much from just the Version, but as you know BT is maturing (or at least changing) all the time. Do you think the Camry has an old BT stack?? Maybe I mistakenly ruled it out thinking 2007. I thought about telling her to talk to the dealer (probably have to investigate yourself, then demand) about an update. They can and do update those things with firmware all the time.
    ::Grumble::
    sxtg, I tried your first suggestion this morning and it didn't help. I think you're right about talking to the dealer. That was my plan if this didn't work. I figured that since the car is so new it would have the latest everything, but I did buy it before the 680 was released so maybe it is my car that's the problem.

I didn't think I'd ever find any flaws with my car! I'm just crushed that it's fallen off its pedestal !

LOL

stfunny
    sxtg, I tried your first suggestion this morning and it didn't help. I think you're right about talking to the dealer. That was my plan if this didn't work. I figured that since the car is so new it would have the latest everything, but I did buy it before the 680 was released so maybe it is my car that's the problem.

I didn't think I'd ever find any flaws with my car! I'm just crushed that it's fallen off its pedestal !

LOL

stfunny
    If it makes you feel any better, the 680 wasn't released with the latest everything either...

Come to think of it...that probably doesn't help I'm happy to know your "wonder car" does have its flaws...BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Last edited by Christinac130; 04/20/2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Laugh it up Ms. eight miles per gallon. Not being able to pair it with a Treo is a small price to pay for 41mpg.
    You are a brat!
    You're the one BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!ing at me! And sicking devils and Lester on me!

LOL

stfunny

Not true just like everything else, there is conception, planning and then more planning then production. Even cars need updates by the time they hit the streets. Much more so now that they are so integrated with computers. However, you may very well have the latest and greatest and they may just be incompatible until the treo or your car manufacturer put out an update. Which, however unlikely, may never come. It doesn't mean anything is "wrong" with either of them. They're just different at the moment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast