Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a 650 when they first came out. I used to have the smallest a newest phone now I can't get away from this thing. I even bought a moto slvr, and found myself going back to the treo within the week. I can't live with out the phone book, and call list. But lately it seems that i'm having more and more trouble making calls. I can have 2 or 3 bars of service I select my contact, then it tries to dial. Then goes back to phone screen. This is the second one to do this. Anyone else have this problem?
    "I'm sorry I ever got a treo"

Dont kid yourself.
    What carrier? I've been seeing this lately with a 650 on T-Mobile. It never used to do that, I think it's a network issue.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Maybe because you cheated on your Treo with a Moto Silver...something to think about
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I really thought that you said you are sorry you never got a treo
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    What carrier? I've been seeing this lately with a 650 on T-Mobile. It never used to do that, I think it's a network issue.
    I have seen this on T-Mobile as well. Since it doesn't happen consistently I tend to agree that it's a network issue.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  7.    #7  
    with cingular
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I am on Cingular and have had this problem also. I am pretty sure it is a network issue. I say this because when I have had this problem on the Treo so has my other line and that phone is a Moto v551.

I have even talked to CC about this and they acknowledged problems in my area at the time and tried to force my phone to register with a different tower but it didn't help.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't know if Cingular staff their stores like Sprint, but have you tried taking it to the store?
    It IS a network issue.

I am using 650 on T-mobile and I work in a medical center. Had this problem for a while. Called CS and was told that each tower has a limited capacity to handle calls at the same time. When in a busy hour, users will not be able to make a call even the signal is good. It's just like trying to make a call when you are walking out of a concert
    I'm sorry I ever read this post....
    I downloaded ringo pro, i set up my contacts to have a mp3 ringtone... i use my SD card to download the ringtones, for some reason my ringtones won't work w/out the SD card. I have to have the card in for it to work
    I can't put this thing down. I unlocked it last night for tmobile and I am even posting this message from the treo even though my computer is right in front of me.
    I downloaded ringo pro, i set up my contacts to have a mp3 ringtone... i use my SD card to download the ringtones, for some reason my ringtones won't work w/out the SD card. I have to have the card in for it to work
    am i not suppose to be posting here or what i can't get any feedback im new at this please someone help me...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Have you try using the search feature?

Try this thread
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavid73
    PrinceDavid, quit posting OT(Off-Topic) subjects in other peoples threads. This is the second thread I have seen where you posted this exact same question. If you would like your question answered start a new thread after searching.

Anyways, the answer to your question is Ringo uses the card to store your Ringtones. Think of it like a CD, the music won't play without the CD, right? Well your MP3 ringers are stored on the card, so therefore they won't play if the card is not in the Treo.

It might, also help if you read the manual for RingoPro.

Hope this was helpful.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavid73
    am i not suppose to be posting here or what i can't get any feedback im new at this please someone help me...
    I will help you as much as I can. You can PM(Private Message) me, if you have some questions about the forum. Nothing I enjoy more, than shepherding a nOOb to the trail of good forum/message board usage.
    you can NEVER leave a treo.after owning palm, the treo was the next best thing. i just want to be rid of the antenna.

also, my network is meteor here in ireland and does not support email function- the single most prime function of the treo... and i still love it!
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    you can NEVER leave a treo.after owning palm, the treo was the next best thing. i just want to be rid of the antenna.

also, my network is meteor here in ireland and does not support email function- the single most prime function of the treo... and i still love it!
    So it's true then, all that about europeans and their ruthless hating of antennas? You'll get the Hollywood soon enough, though.

But yeah, to the original poster, the motorola user interface for their GSM models is so awful... it's no wonder you came back. It's quite amazing just how intuitive the treo is, despite its origins as a pda.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast