1.    #1  
    I read the review here in the review section and it says the 662 will not work with Treo cause of BT 1.2 - I'm wondering if this is correct, it seems I've read several threads (after searching that mention the 662 with Treo....

Am I missing something?

MG
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'm using the 662 right now. It doesn't fit in my ear with the ear hook, so I'm holding it up to my ear. I have tried to put a Jabra ear gel on it but I've ripped 3 of them - others have been successful doing this.
    Unlocked Treo 650 GSM Firmware: 01.71 Software: 1.20-ENA
    Sony HBH-660 with Jabra Multicolored EarGels
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Also, someone on this board claimed to make a custom earhook for it, although I haven't seen pictures.
    It's actually one of the few that works well with the Treo.
    I made a custome ear loop a while back for hbh 660 but alas, the plastic peg eventually sheered off. I migrated to a hbh 610 with the black face plate(it comes with 3 choices) and man, it is the cats a$$. looks cool, ear loop is redesigned, fits great and does not fall off the swivel post like the 660. it connects fast too. I have to use it on lowest volume setting many times. plus the charger holes are in a better spot. great battery too. nuff said, good luck.
  6.    #6  
    I was talking about pairing with the 650 since the 662 was BT 1.2 - was the review just wrong?

Is the 662 better than the 660? What is the difference?

MG
    Quote Originally Posted by josholson
    I'm using the 662 right now. It doesn't fit in my ear with the ear hook, so I'm holding it up to my ear. I have tried to put a Jabra ear gel on it but I've ripped 3 of them - others have been successful doing this.

Same problem here. I had mine for about 3 days and it never fit right which was probably the reason I could not hear with it well. It worked perfectly with my 650 but form factor sucked.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I never really had a problem with the fit of the earhook. I just couldn't stand the beep when the call connected and disconnected. To me that was the only drawback (but a huge one) for the HBH-662. I sold mine on ebay.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    "I was talking about pairing with the 650 since the 662 was BT 1.2 - was the review just wrong?"

It paired up perfectly for me.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    "I migrated to a hbh 610 with the black face plate(it comes with 3 choices) and man, it is the cats a$$. looks cool, ear loop is redesigned, fits great and does not fall off the swivel post like the 660."

Looking at the picture it seems that the hook leaves about the same amount of room between the earpiece and the hook as the 662. I'm wondering if it would fit my ear, as the 662 doesn't.

Maybe I'll have to try it.

--Lost in a sea of returning headsets.
    I had it for about a month. Very uncofortable after a few hours, 1-2, in the ear. No so good fit for me. Volume was OK, and it did work well with the 650. Caler ID to me is useless. I then went to the Jabra JX10 which was OK also. Now using the Plantronics 640 and LOVE IT! Multipoint lets you hook up to 2 phones at once which was a BIG selling point for me because of my job. Lightweigh, less than the Jabra JX10 if you can beleive it. Does not sound as good in/out but it still works great for me.