Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You could also disable the keyguard function so that you don't have to 'unlock' the phone every time you turn it on. Just hit the power button and you're up and running again.
    Is that how you use yours? If not, does it behave the same way as mine? Isn't that annoying?
    Lets look at this one more time
    1 I have a unlock 650GSM Firmware 1.71 Software 1.20 ENA
    2 I have the keyguard set to off
    3 I have the power set to 2 Min

With that said when i get off the phone It will say keyguard locking buttons and screen and then the screen goes off no matter if you using a headset or just the phone. Is this cause by the 1.20 upgrade or something else. I don't see why the phone won't stay on untill the power time is up.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    No, he shouldn't. Read a little more closely.
    My bad. He's using Bell Mobility. Has Palm provided any update(s) to that carrier?
    I don't understand no one knows the answer to this.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by appliancemedic
    Lets look at this one more time
    1 I have a unlock 650GSM Firmware 1.71 Software 1.20 ENA
    2 I have the keyguard set to off
    3 I have the power set to 2 Min

With that said when i get off the phone It will say keyguard locking buttons and screen and then the screen goes off no matter if you using a headset or just the phone. Is this cause by the 1.20 upgrade or something else. I don't see why the phone won't stay on untill the power time is up.
    I agree that the phone should stay on at least "until the power time is up". So that if your phone is set to power down after 2 minutes, and the phone call took less than a minute, then it should remain on for the remainder of the time you have selected in Power Prefs.

Ultimately, the behavior should be the same as when turning it on with keyguard: if you don't unlock it fast enough (5 secs?) then it locks down again. So that after a call, no matter how long it was, it reverts to half-awake/half-locked mode where it stays on for another 5 seconds or so, giving the user enough time to do something else.

Regardless, I think it is bad design to have it behave the way it does after a call; for me it's REALLY annoying. And this behavior seems to be the same no matter what firmware is used.

Makes me long for my old Kyocera 7135...

6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    My bad. He's using Bell Mobility. Has Palm provided any update(s) to that carrier?
    Nevertheless, this behavior is the same regardless of firmware or carrier. Just annoying , don't you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12