1.    #1  
    I have a friend in the market for a 650, what prices should he be looking for? Any speicific recommendations for where to buy?
    I always buy at my local "all carrier" brick and mortar for the following reasons:

1. My treo was $50 cheaper than any on line price.
    2. I got one year contract when all on line joints were requirring 2 years.
    3. I signed over all rebates to the store and didn't have to deal w/ it.
    4. I got to pick from hundreds of numbers for one I found easy to remember....still want to get 6-0-6-0-8-4-2 just cause that song in my head from the 1980's but wasn't available.
    5. I goit to play with both Sprint and Cingular versions and check signal on live phones before buying.
    6. I got to ask what experience they having with each carriers phones of late.
    7. Got bag full of accessories "thrown in".
    8. Got dude to "work the system" and get me qualified for new customer discounts even tho our family plam was 2 months into contract.

First thing he shoulkd decide is what carrier to use...in addition to carrier specific promotions, there's local servcie issues, plan pricing, etc. When I bought mine for example, Sprint was $5 a month cheaper for data plan than Cingular but $10 a month more expensive in voice plan for 50 less minutes. Last week voice plans were same and data plan was still $5 cheaper w/ Sprint. ALso on voice plan, they have different breakpoints which are always changing......one may have 400, 700 and 1100 while the other has 400, 850 and 1500......if you use 500-800 am month on average , the 70o plan would get real expensive with overages.

Also look at family plan options.....usually like $49 for 1st phone and $10 for each additional. So a $49+$10 plan is better than two $34.99 plans for him and wife / GF whatever.

Also consider hardware differences. GSM has advanatage of overseas usage, being able to swap SIM cards, abiloity t change carriers and 50% greater battery life. CDMA has advantage of that you can use a cradle w/ speaker and still sue BT headset at same time.
    What is "6060842"??? Maybe you meant "867-5309, Jenny Jenny".

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I always buy at my local "all carrier" brick and mortar for the following reasons:

1. My treo was $50 cheaper than any on line price.
    2. I got one year contract when all on line joints were requirring 2 years.
    3. I signed over all rebates to the store and didn't have to deal w/ it.
    4. I got to pick from hundreds of numbers for one I found easy to remember....still want to get 6-0-6-0-8-4-2 just cause that song in my head from the 1980's but wasn't available.
    5. I goit to play with both Sprint and Cingular versions and check signal on live phones before buying.
    6. I got to ask what experience they having with each carriers phones of late.
    7. Got bag full of accessories "thrown in".
    8. Got dude to "work the system" and get me qualified for new customer discounts even tho our family plam was 2 months into contract.

First thing he shoulkd decide is what carrier to use...in addition to carrier specific promotions, there's local servcie issues, plan pricing, etc. When I bought mine for example, Sprint was $5 a month cheaper for data plan than Cingular but $10 a month more expensive in voice plan for 50 less minutes. Last week voice plans were same and data plan was still $5 cheaper w/ Sprint. ALso on voice plan, they have different breakpoints which are always changing......one may have 400, 700 and 1100 while the other has 400, 850 and 1500......if you use 500-800 am month on average , the 70o plan would get real expensive with overages.

Also look at family plan options.....usually like $49 for 1st phone and $10 for each additional. So a $49+$10 plan is better than two $34.99 plans for him and wife / GF whatever.

Also consider hardware differences. GSM has advanatage of overseas usage, being able to swap SIM cards, abiloity t change carriers and 50% greater battery life. CDMA has advantage of that you can use a cradle w/ speaker and still sue BT headset at same time.
    not sure if you want a refurb or not, but cingular had them for $139.99 yesterday still. that is how i got mine and it works and looks great. it even comes with the standard warranty. i am so glad i got this treo to replace my blackberry 7290.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    What is "6060842"??? Maybe you meant "867-5309, Jenny Jenny".
    No 867-5309 was on the top 40 stations.

6060842 was the B52's of Love Shack fame. I still can't get the number but I do stay in touch with Tina.

6060-842!

Tina went to the Lady's room
    Saw written on the wall
    "If you'd like a very nice time
    Just give this number a call"

It was 6060-842
    606 and I'm waitin' for you
    6060-842

Tina reached in her pocketbook
    Pulled out a thin dime
    Dropped it in the phone slot
    Prayin' she'd get the line

It was 6060-842
    6060-842

Dial the number to call
    Get no answer at all
    Dime's in the slot
    Ready to trot

Uh, 6060-842
    I've been tryin' all day
    And I'm makin' no headway
    Operator, what's wrong?
    I dial stupid number all day long

Operator said, "Your number's been disconnected
    Your number's been disconnected
    Your number's been disconnected
    Your number's been disconnected"

Hello?
    I'm sorry
    Hello?
    I'm sorry
    Hello?
    I'm sorry
    Free cost ya $25 k tho.

Put 25k in da bank for the 9 months and you can buy 4-5 Treos.
    Tina reached in her pocketbook
    Pulled out a thin dime
    Dropped it in the phone slot
    Prayin' she'd get the line
    Obviously, this wasn't a Verizon payphone...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Free cost ya $25 k tho.

Put 25k in da bank for the 9 months and you can buy 4-5 Treos.
    It's more like transferring your money to them and let them watch it for 9 months. Definitely not the best use for your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadMonkeyX
    not sure if you want a refurb or not, but cingular had them for $139.99 yesterday still. that is how i got mine and it works and looks great. it even comes with the standard warranty. i am so glad i got this treo to replace my blackberry 7290.
    Yeah, I did the same thing in Nov when Cingular was selling refurbed ones on their website. Works fine.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm currently looking at this one on amazon.com. $150 after rebates, but you have to commit to a two year contract with Cingular:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...bosnation0e-20

--Rick Taylor
    Rick:

Mine was $50 less than Amazon's price with a 1 year contract at the local all carrier brick and mortar....and no rebates that I gotta file between 180 and 210 days from now. Just walk into the store with a printout of the Amazon offer and say I'll walk out witha phone if you beat it. You shouldn't go home empty handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    Obviously, this wasn't a Verizon payphone...
    Well it was the 1980's