1.    #1  
    Which is better, installing a program directly to my SD card via quick install or installing it to the main memory and moving via a launcher (I own Zlauncher and LauncherX). And why?

Thanks.
    Programs ONLY work when in main memory. Utilities like PowerRUN and ZL create little hooks that they leave in memory and then put the program on the card.....when you launch the program....this hook grabs the thing off the card, copies it to main memory and then lets you use it. When done, it deletes it out of main memory.
  3.    #3  
    I send lots of stuff to the card directly (never going into RAM on the phone) They still run fine. So I am not sure I understand your answer.
    What he's basically saying is that the app is only saved on your memory card when you're not using it. When you use it, it gets moved to the RAM, and then when you stop using it, it's deleted from the RAM(although it's still on your card). So regardless of whether or not you install it directly to your card, it's still going to be in your RAM while you're using it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    When you use Zlauncher to move a program, and it related db's if you so desire, you can have them show up in your "all" tab. If you use the Palm quick install and Palm's launcher, you have to go to the "card" tab to use programs on the card. Hope that helps.

ek
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    I send lots of stuff to the card directly (never going into RAM on the phone) They still run fine. So I am not sure I understand your answer.
    Think of the card as your hard drive. Nothing runs while "on the drive" ..... windows launches it into main memory and then it runs. Same principal....it gets copied off the card and into main memory but only if it is in SD card launcher category.

To my recollection, If you put say 40 programs on the SD card using your method, then the way you access them is to keep tapping menu button till the "SD Card" category comes up, then scroll thru the list of the 40 programs.

By using a launcher, you can put programs into whatever category you like ...utilities on utilities screen, system tools on system screen, travel programs on travel screen, com programs on com screen.