1.    #1  
    I haven't seen this mentioned here yet. DataViz has just released Documents To Go v8.003. This update includes the following:

* Open encrypted PDF files and attachments
    * Open password protected files and attachments
    * Now supports viewing of faxes received as PDFs from eFax.com
    * Enhancements to word wrap feature
    * General bug fixes and performance enhancements

I have not tried it yet.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Hopefully it also fixes the .psi problems and the re-install in on card problems that needed sooooo many little files etc to fix
    Sprint 700p
    Anyone know if this one supports opening files via Resco Explorer like Mobi-Systems Office does?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
    Anyone know if this one supports opening files via Resco Explorer like Mobi-Systems Office does?
    Jeff - Somehow I doubt it but I'll respond for sure once I install the update later tonight, assuming no one has done so beforehand.
    I just tried it w/ a pdf by clicking on the file in resco and it opened the pdf.
    I tried w/ a doc and spreadsheet and it opened them as well.
    So yes, you can click on the file in resco and it opens in DTG.
    Just call me Berd.
    Correction,
    *.pdf - yes
    *.xls - yes
    *.doc - yes
    *.pdb - no (neither 'Word to Go' or 'Sheet to Go' opens. it just goes to the DTG app)
    Just call me Berd.
    Are y'all having to pay for the 8.003 upgrade? When I log in to the Dataviz website it says I can d/l 7.006, but I have to pay an upgrade fee for 8.003...checking to see if I'm the only one...
    From 7 to 8 is a pay for upgrade.
    Bummer, I just got this T650 a week and a half ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Correction,
    *.pdf - yes
    *.xls - yes
    *.doc - yes
    *.pdb - no (neither 'Word to Go' or 'Sheet to Go' opens. it just goes to the DTG app)
    I guess the question is, are you opening the original or a copy? If you make a change, can you just save it, or do you have to do a save as? DTG 7 and 8.001 used Exchange Manager for opening files and you always ended up creating a new copy.
    I guess the question is, are you opening the original or a copy? If you make a change, can you just save it, or do you have to do a save as? DTG 7 and 8.001 used Exchange Manager for opening files and you always ended up creating a new copy.
    No I can't,
    Your right. When I open it through resco, make a change and try to save it, it wants me to rename it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Blast! Sticking with Mobi-Systems, then, even though I really prefer the "Palm-like" sparseness of DTG's user interface.
    I had been using DTG 7 for some time. Got tired of the problems and resets. Tried some others including Mobi. Mobi was nice but was terrible with the Palm universal keyboard. Sent them an email but they never responded. Downloaded DTG 8 and tried it for a month. No resets. Bought the upgrade today.