Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a Car Cradle that will double as a speaker phone. I've had luck with Seidio's products and I'm looking at the G4100M cradle.

For those who have tried this cradle, is the speaker phone feature worth the $90? Are there any alternatives that may save me some money but not sacrifice quality?
    If you have a CDMA phone you can use any of teh seidio cradles with speakerphone. Be aware tho that BT headests will lsoe functionality when you do on GSM phones. This is explained in the TreoCentral review of the G2350S and G4850M which you can access from the TC reviews page under "kits"

Not ealso on the seidio site:

"B/T Headset Capability (CDMA systems only) - For added privacy and convenience, B/T headsets may be used while your Smartphone is in the cradle. "

The TC review also explains that teh reviewer in trying both, the 4850M first, said that teh speaker from the Treo performed well and that he did not miss the cradle speaker from the 4850.

You also might consider gettinga GPS cradle (G2350M) for an extra $70....or GPS cradle with software for $160 extra
  3.    #3  
    Jack..

I've got Seidio's BT GPS already. Just looking for a speaker phone option for the car. Not a big fan of BT earpieces either.
    Well I just use the Treos speaker phone....read the review for what the Seidio speaker does / doesn't do.

If you want more look at the supertooth, tekkphone, Parrot options. Or the 4100 has an FM trasmitter option and you can use the car radio.

Interesting comment tho on the earpiece.... I have done 100 calls on the treo in the last year, I'd say 3 were speaker, 3 were handset and the other 994 were BT headset.
  5.    #5  
    I just never liked the BT headset. Felt too much like Star Trek or something.
    Never got comfortable with it.
    Yeah....when I get outta car and am walking around home despot for 45 minutes without realizing I look like Lieutenant Ohura I do feel the pink touch of embarassment. I wear it on my right side while driving
    Ok, I've got a question. I have a Sprint Treo 650 and was looking into getting the THB cradle, but it says it's only available for GSm phones. I contacted someone that sells them and was told that because of biz restrictions between Palm and Sprint/Verizon, there were no plans to make this compatible. He also said that when I placed my phone into the cradle, the external antenna and charging would work, but I would not get any audio to work, and that people have gotten around this by using BT headsets/speakerphones.

Do the Seido cradles connect via BT or through the multiport connector thingy? If so, and I'm assuming the Treo does also, why would the audio work with the Seido and not the THB??
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    Ok, I've got a question. I have a Sprint Treo 650 and was looking into getting the THB cradle, but it says it's only available for GSm phones. I contacted someone that sells them and was told that because of biz restrictions between Palm and Sprint/Verizon, there were no plans to make this compatible. He also said that when I placed my phone into the cradle, the external antenna and charging would work, but I would not get any audio to work, and that people have gotten around this by using BT headsets/speakerphones.

Do the Seido cradles connect via BT or through the multiport connector thingy? If so, and I'm assuming the Treo does also, why would the audio work with the Seido and not the THB??
    Hi,

The 4100M does NOT have integrated GPS - as does the 2350 and 4850 cradles - so you would need an external GPS receiver source. One of the nicest things about the 4100M is that it provides a TRUE stereo out to hook up an FM transmitter or product of your choice to provide stereo output. The 4100 does NOT have a built-in speaker. For full info about the 4100, you can go to this page:

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=239

For a comparison of the capabilities of all of our cradles, you can view this page:

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...n=Custom&ID=20

If I can answer any other questions for you, please let me know.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    How do the Seido cradles connect to the Treo? Does it use Bluetooth, the multiport connector, or the headset connector?
    How do the Seido cradles connect to the Treo? Does it use Bluetooth, the multiport connector, or the headset connector?
    If you're asking how if physically connects for charging and output, you place it directly on the male counterpart of the female connector within the cradle itself. That makes for a secure and feature rich placement. If that isn't your question, then please let me know what other information you need.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    You can have a seidio cradle with built in GPS or one without. To my mind, having it IN the cradle gives me one less thing to worry about and less clutter. The BT advantage is you can stick the receiver in your hat and use it while walking....at elast till Treo / GPS batteries run out.

The audio out kills some BT functionality on GSM phones.....that's why the G2350S has no speaker......not that one is needed to here directions, the Treo speaker does just fine.
    David, I'm asking how the Seido cradles connect for the audio to work through the speakerphone. The THB cradles state that they're not compatible with CDMA phones due to business restrictions, and I was told that everything would work but the audio.

If this is true, I'm curious how the Seido cradles work since these don't. I'm if the cradles connect to the Treo via Bluetooth or the 2.5mm jack, it would work, but it would not work through the multiport connector.
    David, I'm asking how the Seido cradles connect for the audio to work through the speakerphone. The THB cradles state that they're not compatible with CDMA phones due to business restrictions, and I was told that everything would work but the audio.

If this is true, I'm curious how the Seido cradles work since these don't. I'm if the cradles connect to the Treo via Bluetooth or the 2.5mm jack, it would work, but it would not work through the multiport connector.

David,

I think at this point, the best thing to do is to talk to our tech support department directly, as I don't want to inadvertently give you the wrong information. You can call them at: 832-204-1114, or, if you prefer, email your phone number to me at the address below, I will have them call you. Let me know which way works for you and we'll be happy to help you.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I'll give them a call and let y'all know what I found out. I'm assuming it'll work with CDMA phones also, since I haven't heard anyone mention anything that it doesn't. Also, I've noticed that most of the cradles just use a suction cup or air vent mount, but are there also some that mount to the floor board or something like that?
  15.    #15  
    As an alternative, does anyone have experience with the Motorola HF820?
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    As an alternative, does anyone have experience with the Motorola HF820?
    Did a title search on "820" and came up with 15 threads...here's 2 to get ya started.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95718
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71933
    I use the Seidio mount with the gps built in that has the speakerphone -- and I can only hear the other person -- they can't hear me.

You have to use the corded mic that connects on the side. The mic has a clip, but it's just a PITA. I'm NOT happy. I saw a mic was included, but missed the fact that you can't talk unless it's connected. I'm still considering on returning it. I do like the fact that I don't have the wires to connect to an antenna.

I may just get a bluetooth headset, as you can still use bluetooth b/c the gps connection is via the serial connection.

I have to test it again, but when I was using the TomTom software, I couldn't start a phone call, and go back to the gps software and have the call continue. Anyone know if that's the cradle's issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    I may just get a bluetooth headset, as you can still use bluetooth b/c the gps connection is via the serial connection.
    That will work if it is a Sprint or Verizon (CDMA model). A BT headset will not have full functionality with a Cingular 650's and cradle with speaker. You need a cradle w/o a speaker for GSM to make the BT full function.

I have to test it again, but when I was using the TomTom software, I couldn't start a phone call, and go back to the gps software and have the call continue. Anyone know if that's the cradle's issue?
    With the CNG 650, TWH and Seidio G2350S, incoming calls go right to the BT headset. When you hang up, map reappears on screen. Of you start acall however, you canb't make the sreen go away till the phone call ends.

I do this with TT running to make a call:

1. Tap side button (cradle 2" from 3:00 oclock position on steering wheel)
    2. Say "Call Rick O. Shea at Work" and VSuite dials the number.
    3. Tap "hangup" on screen as the 2" is a lot shortler than the 30" to my ear.
    4. Tap shortcut at bottom of phone screen to start TT.

Now the last time I did this, upon hanging up, the screen went right back to TT.... don't know why but it was cool.

I'm NOT happy. I saw a mic was included, but missed the fact that you can't talk unless it's connected. I'm still considering on returning it. I do like the fact that I don't have the wires to connect to an antenna.
    I'd get the 2350 if I was a GSM user and the 4850 or 2350 as a CDMA user.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 650 and I just purchased the 2350 cradle and a Motorola H700 BT headset. The headset is crap. No one can hear me and it sometime disconnects me. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better BT headset?

Or should I return the 2350 and headset and get the 4850 cradle instead?
    Does the speakerphone work well? Is there a place to just mount the mike on the cradle?
    I use the Treo 650 with Seidio G2350S and a Treo Wirelss Headset (TWH) with Medium Jabra clear eargel from Radio Shack....RS sells and assortment pak of gels for about $6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast