1.    #1  
    Just an FYI in case anybody uses HanDBase there is a new version available (3.5)... Free upgrade if you are already registered user. Not sure if there is a 3.5 demo available yet or not.

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/news.html...release&num=29
    Thanks much for the heads up. I've been using the "developer version", so I'm really looking forward to the "final" release!
    Today's lastests release seems to be stable; the first caused a soft reset. The 5-way is stable, though the focus ring is a bit on the slow side and causes the screen to flicker a bit. Overall though, this release makes the Treo a one-handed device when using HDB. Ben
    I'm a long time HDB user, but finally gave it up when I switched to the Treo 650 bec of no 5-way support. Where can one get this upgrade? Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Log in at ddhsoftware.com. It's listed with the expected date in registered users' D/L area.
    Thanks!

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Handbase is my most used daily program for the last 7 years. I use this for medical billing while on rounds and taking out the stylus has been a real PITA. This is the really the only add-on I've been waiting for in the 1 1/2 years I have been a Treo user. Used it yesterday and seemed to work well.
    HandBase is also the most used app on my Sprint Treo 650. This update makes it easier and handier, but still has problems. There are times when an auto-recalculation does not occur automagically, meaning I have had to exit the record and re-enter it in order to force the calculation. In addition, there have been times in a text field when the back space button only back spaces one time. In addition, in the list view, if there is a long list of records displayed, getting up to the to or the bottom of the screen using the 5-way support just does not hapen. In addition, there are times when a resultant calculation is shown as an entry is being made in another field. There are other problems.

In about another week of playing, I'll do the bug thing. It is still a step in the right direction.

Ben
    Is there a way to have a field accept only numbers from the Treo keyboard automatically (like when entering a phone number...without hitting the alt key twice)? Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Define the field as "integer" or "text." You will still have hit the ALT key twice to get it to put 'em in as numbers and that's a pain. The program should know that if the field is an integer or number, that any input should be translated to a number. Ben