1.    #1  
    Is anyone using an app that records miles per gallon and alerts you when you need to change your oil, rotate your tires, etc.?

I'm trying out Auto Buddy, Auto Tracker, and UltimateCar, and I'm not really satisfied with either of them. Neither use the 5way thing, so I HAVE to use the stylus (or my nail) to move from each section.

Auto Buddy is the only free one, but I've had problems running from the SD card using PowerRUN(data's lost!?). I also don't like it because it requires both beginning and ending odometer readings. The others use this for calculations, but this one requires it to be input in the current record and doesn't always have the correct one pre-filled.

I'm thinking I may end up buying Auto Tracker, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a great one.
    pFuel... but that too don't use the 5way button effectively, it's from
    an older breed of palmOS applications - mvk
    Game over!
  3.    #3  
    I remember seeing that one, but not sure why I'm not trying it out. I had about 4 others, but most were too annoying and I deleted them after the first few days. Of course, part of the problem may have been that I'm entering the information 7 different times.

By the way, I tried looking around on here, and couldn't find any info. I guess no one else is as geeky as I am about stuff like this.
    I haven't found a good, newer one. I have been using Auto Buddy and it works, but it could use a major update.
    Have you tried TealAuto? It has all of the features you are looking for including 5-way support. Plus it has all sorts of graphs and charts you can compile based on the information you enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    I remember seeing that one, but not sure why I'm not trying it out.
    Try out pFuel, it is free and I've been using it the past few weeks.

The trick is to just leave it on the Treo and enter details when you
    feel like it. You can always delete it if you don't like it. I too tried
    out several before choosing pFuel for my purpose. Obviously, pFuel
    does not have the jazzy graphics that the newer breed of apps are
    capable of, but it does what it is supposed to do in a decent,
    dignified way. And it is configurable to a reasonable extent.

Let us all know how it goes!

- mvk
    I'm happy with the old automobile from www.linesoft.com.
    It simply works fine. It has also a desktop application that might be usefull...
    Here's 2 more:

FuelRecord Freeware http://www.geocities.com/trandorous/
    MyCar Freeware http://www.mycar4palm.com/download.htm
    Another vote for pFuel, I use it all the time. It's a newer variant of Fuellog.