Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to play a movie and have the sound goto the bluetooth headphones using SoftickAudioGateway?

When I try my TX locksup or softresets. It will play music fine using TCPMP but when I try to watch a movie it just softreset. I do hear some crackling in the headphones first but thats it. If I play the movie with SoftickAG set to internal it plays fine.

I have filled out a support request on the Softick website just wondering if anyone has had any success watching a movie or not.?

OrionNE
    3gp encoded movies yeah

divx & xvid nope
    3gp and lower bitrate xvid files work great. Have not tried divx. I do know that a 700k 640x480 xvid is a bit much and will reset the treo with SAG running.

Steve
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. I was encoding my movies using FairUse and they would not play. I have switched to Lathe that supports 3gp and now they are playing fine. I do get some A/V sync problems but at least it is playing now.

OrionNE
    I use Nero Digital to encode to mpeg4 and aac audio- it plays with a slight a/v sync problem-- good enough for me.
    are you all saying that TCPMP usually resets with low memory problems? cause i always get soft resets when exiting TCPMP after watching bout an hours movie or even switching from 2-3movies at a time. alsways resets when exiting.

i dint know there was a program that makes listening to music on bluetooth devices possible! do you thing realplayer can work on treo bluetooth headset?
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    TCPMP .66e starts to play, then stutters, then causes a soft-reset. These are low-res divx/avi's. Guess I'll have to try some 3gp's. Also, I have TCPMP running off my SD card, so that could cause other related problems.

Good start towards being able to use my Bluewalker BW-MP02 headphones though!

Greg
    I also noticed after upgrading to latest TCPMP that mp3's start to stuter after a minute or 2 of play. Seems to clear when you skip to the next track. This might be a bug introduced with the new release.
    Last edited by breitweiser; 03/12/2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have recently purchased an iTech S35 from mobileplanet.com and paired it with my Treo 650 using SAG. My primary intent was to watch videos using SAG+TCPMP.

Using Lathe 1.5 (yes, I am lazy not wanting to figure out how to use ffmpeg =) I had encoded using the Treo 650 profile (493Kbps/29.97fps/xvid for the video and 128kbps/48khz/stereo for the audio) and had the lockup problem when using TCPMP .72RC1

I wanted to see what the cause of the problem was and switched to VirtualDub to try changing the framerates and finetuning the video bitrates. I was always unsuccessful in making a functioning video.

I then switched to the audio bitrate. Here I was much more successful. By lowering the bitrate to 32khz/96kbps/stereo, I was able to encode the videos using a pretty good video rate. In fact, I am back to Lathe using the standard Treo 650 profile at a moderatly lowered video bitrate and the new audio settings and am quite happy with the results. So, in my tests, I found that the freezing problems with TCPMP+SAG seemed to be more related to audio encoding than the video encoding.

Just wondering what your experiences were.

BTW, the itech headset is not too bad. The best thing about it is that you can use your own headphones (I have the ER-4P noise isolation headphones). The only thing is that the audio is not the best quality as there is a constant white noise layer which comes through (and is especially noticable with the headphones I am using).
    sid, I just got the itech also, but when I try to play music, nothing happens. Phonecalls go thru, though. Do you know if I need to alter the settings or something?

TIA!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ido,

Which app are you using to play the music?

I did use both MMPlayer and TCPMP to play mp3s (as well as the RealPlayer) but had the bitrate and sample rate quite low (they were speech files so I didn't care).

Also, which version of SAG are you using? I used version 1.05 and have upgraded to 1.06 and have had no problems with either. I even played around with the Bitrate that SAG used to communicate with the headset with no negative effect. When I did have problems, as I said in my previous post, I had the lockup problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    i dint know there was a program that makes listening to music on bluetooth devices possible! do you thing realplayer can work on treo bluetooth headset?
    It won't work on mono headsets like the Treo unit. Here is a link to the program description.