1.    #1  
    The newest version of Causerie is out. Version 3.2.3. Said to include fixes for NVFS and a host of other small things. I'm testing it now. Maybe I'll switch back if it proves more stable than Verichat (resets every few days) and my registration problems are fixed. (hint hint)
    jaytee: please email us with your device id. Last time, I remember extending your service for almost 15 years You have been a very early adopter and we appreciate that.

Yes, Causerie should be VERY stable now with no resets and a LONG connection. The newer version connects very fast, holds the connection for days and would soon see voice in it.
    I tried to like Causerie, but it is missing very important features from Verichat and that is why I have not done the move. For example:
    -Why there is no grouping by Online buddies from any of the chat services available?
    Thefore I will see them on top together regardless of what service they are. This is very important for me.
    -Why is that I can't mannually change the names of my contacts?

Let me know,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    jaytee: please email us with your device id. Last time, I remember extending your service for almost 15 years You have been a very early adopter and we appreciate that.

Yes, Causerie should be VERY stable now with no resets and a LONG connection. The newer version connects very fast, holds the connection for days and would soon see voice in it.
    I will do the same
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I tried to like Causerie, but it is missing very important features from Verichat and that is why I have not done the move. For example:
    -Why there is no grouping by Online buddies from any of the chat services available?
    Thefore I will see them on top together regardless of what service they are. This is very important for me.

Let me know,

Al
    Treolo,

Both of thoses features are available in Causerie and have been for a while
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I had these same complaints before, but they no longer apply for 3.2.3. I loaded up Causerie 3.2.3 on Thursday evening and while on data always-on I haven't had even a single reset. Even while using it will multiple online mailboxes in ChatterEmail. It's pure bliss, I tell you.

PDAApps... er, IntelliSync... er, Nokia.... are you listening? Come out with some serious bug fixes for 2.89b already!

I've submitted several suggestions and gripes on this latest Causerie... but I guess it's a little telling that I'm sticking with it through the trial period. Guess I'll have to see whether Causerie's issues get fixed before the 15 days or if VeriChat finally gets an update first.

If you've tried Causerie in the past and turned your nose up, 3.2.3 may well be worth a look.
    After having given up on Causerie due to NVFS-related problems, I have to say that it appears 3.2.3 is much, much better. Since loading it up yesterday, I haven't had a single problem during a soft reset, when the radio turns off at night and on in the morning (via ProfileCare), after MemoryInfo does a cache flush, or any of the other situations where there were problems in the past. It's finally usable and reliable.
    where can I download version 3.2.3?
    The latest version I could find (on mytreo.net) is 3.2.1

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    where can I download version 3.2.3?
    The latest version I could find (on mytreo.net) is 3.2.1

Thanks!
    See http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3
    Thanks.
    Might be a stupid question (or RTFM one), but I'm new to Causerie, when I register a new service (say MSN) shouldn't I see all my MSN buddies (from the desktop/service)? or do I need to add them one by one again? Verichat/Chatopus seem to import them from the server but in Causerie I only get a non expandble (no buddies) MSN leaf.

Any idea?

Thanks.
    I'm not a regular MSN user, so I'm not sure about that actually. I know that for other services (AIM, Yahoo, ICQ) it works that way. I know the Causerie folks watch these forums well, so you may see a response from them here. Or you can go to www.mantrafourms.com/forums/ and log the question there
  13.    #13  
    MSN buddies: they should all appear... they do for me.

Causerie and Chatter: I am having some severe problems with these 2 puppies. If I run both at once, I get resets every 1.5 hours or so. If I run either by themselves, I am reset free.

- Chatter: one always on imap mailbox, 1 timed sync imap mailbox, 2 timed synced pop3 mailboxes
    - Causerie: always on data mode
    As on the Causerie forums, I'd ask what Chatter version you're on. If it's a 1.15 beta, you might want to check into the latest release (1.1.5rc26). There have been several POP3-related bugs fixed in the recent past.

Personally, I run Chatter and Causerie without any resets. This was one of the things I found so refereshing after a very bad round of reset problems with Chatter and Verichat. At least now I know those were probably Verichat issues -- maybe someday PDA Apps/Intellisync/Nokia will come out with something newer than 2.89b.
    I have been trying out Causerie (too many Verichat issues) and it seems great. But when it says I have mail for my msn, it asks which program I want to read it in, and only lists snappermail as an option (which I dont even use - and is on the SD). Chatter is set as my default program so I am very confused...ANyone else run into this?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    As on the Causerie forums, I'd ask what Chatter version you're on. If it's a 1.15 beta, you might want to check into the latest release (1.1.5rc26). There have been several POP3-related bugs fixed in the recent past.

Personally, I run Chatter and Causerie without any resets. This was one of the things I found so refereshing after a very bad round of reset problems with Chatter and Verichat. At least now I know those were probably Verichat issues -- maybe someday PDA Apps/Intellisync/Nokia will come out with something newer than 2.89b.
    actually... i'm running rc27 now ;-)
    and verichat 2.89b seems to run reset free :-(
    weird.

I've also got 4cast running and updating every 3 hours.

I'm trying Causerie again... thinking it may have been Causerie stepping on Chatter pop pulls (although Marc says it's likely memory instead).

How much free space do you have left?
  17.    #17  
    The problem may have been related to an old version of Matrix SSL I was using. Testing now.