Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Well, my Precious is back in business now. The new motherboard did the trick.

Many thanks to mmastrac (rayban) and James for all the help!!

Also, I sent this email out to my entire address book today:

I just want to let everyone know that I have accepted a full-time position in Huntsville with Qualis Corporation, a contractor for NASA. My title will be Senior Propulsion Components Engineer. I will be working on the piping and valves to the liquid fuel rocket motors on this:

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/cev/index.html

No, this is not an early April Fool's joke. . . :-)

Wish me luck!

Tony
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I believe you know what to do next.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I believe you know what to do next.
    Oh man!!!!! Finally I can post that my Precious is doing fine!!!

Thanks!!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Oh man!!!!! Finally I can post that my Precious is doing fine!!!

Thanks!!

Glad it's back to life. And congrats on the job offer too!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Many thanks to mmastrac (rayban) and James for all the help!!

Also, I sent this email out to my entire address book today:
    Congrats for both
    Just call me Berd.
    What was your overall cost?
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What was your overall cost?
    About $60 for the motherboard. In total, it was $107 for the motherboard, new keyboard, and buttons kit (includes qwerty buttons, 5-way, and menu buttons).

Not bad, really.

About $60 for the motherboard. In total, it was $107 for the motherboard, new keyboard, and buttons kit (includes qwerty buttons, 5-way, and menu buttons).

Not bad, really.
    Holy crap!! Did you turn the rotors as well?

9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Holy crap!! Did you turn the rotors as well?
    hehe. My backspace key wasn't working half the time, and the paint was worn off my 5-way. I figured I'd get them all shipped together, saving a bit on shipping, and get 'er all fixed up while I was in there.

Not bad, really.
    wow, 100 bucks and it prob looks new!
    Just call me Berd.
    And who said Tony ain't no rocket scientist. Great job, such neat toys. Wonder what version Treo we will be on by the time you guys get the first cell tower on Mars.

Glad you got your Treo going but it does kind of pale in importance compared to your other news.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    And who said Tony ain't no rocket scientist. Great job, such neat toys. Wonder what version Treo we will be on by the time you guys get the first cell tower on Mars.

Glad you got your Treo going but it does kind of pale in importance compared to your other news.
    Nah, jobs come and go. My Precious is much more important!!!!!

I knew it. It was just mostly dead.
    It was Tony's "True Love" that was able to bring it back.

PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    It was Tony's "True Love" that was able to bring it back.

And your help!!!!!

[thanks again]

No problem.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Tony:

You need to grab a copy of SpaceTime 2.0 Calculus Calculator for the Treo. Think they still may be looking for beta testers. I applied about a month ao, got it yesterday.
    My Treo 650 CINGULAR motherboard needs to be replaced. I want to know if I can swap it with a working one but keeping the daughter board? Because I can get a Treo with a nonworking daughterboard (does not read sim card). Any suggestions?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by juangecko View Post
    My Treo 650 CINGULAR motherboard needs to be replaced. I want to know if I can swap it with a working one but keeping the daughter board? Because I can get a Treo with a nonworking daughterboard (does not read sim card). Any suggestions?
    Yes, I did precisely that, with a Sprint motherboard.

Ok, so my old 650 is officially deadified as well, but the difference is that I didn't try to update the ROM. I did a hard reset on the treo to give it to a buddy of mine, and everything looked great. I gave him the phone, and he must have let it sit around before trying to use it. When he went to use it, it was completely dead. No light when charging, not the battery (tried my 700p's, and the 650s battery worked in the 700s), no response no matter what I do. I'd try to replace the motherboard, but I don't want to drop 50 bucks if that's not the issue. Any thoughts? The main reason I have for reviving this one is because my 700p has a camera, and the 650 does not, so I'd like to be able to take my 650 to work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast