1.    #1  
    Just dropped the *****. Screen looks terrible but everything else works like a charm; that is to say flawlessly.

Now, I'm on Sprint and have that total coverage doodaddy. They've already told me it's covered, but I have to walk in to the store. I can hold on to the working but cracked phone until the replacement comes in, which will no doubt be a refurb, right?

I've read a lot here, and am curious as to whether I've been extremely lucky with my "never resets lucky phone with good volume". I'm kinda scared to replace it and get a crappo one.

Any thoughts?
    Just replace the broken screen then as opposed to the whole phone.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yea I know know you may want to just replace the screen. At $50 for insurance coverage you are already spending a lot on this phone. When i was Sprint rep i realized how big a rip-off insurance is on a phone. If you think you must have insurance only keep it for a year max; anything over that you are wasting money. Depending on what plan you have $4-$6 that is $48-72 a year. Plus if you break your phone or it gets stolen in that year you are going to pay $50 deductible. Well that's $100 - $125 that it just cost you. If you can get a screen for $75 and replace it yourself then you saved yourself $25. After the 3rd year you could have just bought yourself a new phone in what you have spent in insurance alone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC
    Yea I know know you may want to just replace the screen. At $50 for insurance coverage you are already spending a lot on this phone. When i was Sprint rep i realized how big a rip-off insurance is on a phone. If you think you must have insurance only keep it for a year max; anything over that you are wasting money. Depending on what plan you have $4-$6 that is $48-72 a year. Plus if you break your phone or it gets stolen in that year you are going to pay $50 deductible. Well that's $100 - $125 that it just cost you. If you can get a screen for $75 and replace it yourself then you saved yourself $25. After the 3rd year you could have just bought yourself a new phone in what you have spent in insurance alone.
    Yea, but I bill out a $100 an hour. I just want my phone to work, with no down time, and me not havening to spend hours ($100s) learning how to replace a screen. Know what I mean? It's not the money that bugs me, I know what insurance is and what it's about; it's the idea that my replacement won't be as trouble free as the current guy is
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    Yea, but I bill out a $100 an hour. I just want my phone to work, with no down time, and me not havening to spend hours ($100s) learning how to replace a screen. Know what I mean? It's not the money that bugs me, I know what insurance is and what it's about; it's the idea that my replacement won't be as trouble free as the current guy is
    Then have someone replace the screen for you.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    Well if Hither and Yon are located somewhere in Arizona, I'll do it for you...

If not, then I bet you can figure it out if you have any sort of "I love to take sh*t apart experience"...That's what I did and actually found it quite easy. I did follow this though: Guide: How to remove your camera.

I started a step by step how to on how to clean the Treo, which involved taking the screen off completely, but I have the attention span of a 6 year old and was distracted by either Tivo, my iPod or my girlfriend at the time...

Maybe when I have some time I will throw something together for the future.

OOOHHHH, a ball! be back!