1.    #1  
    I've been in treo hell!
    To keep it short :
    1/26 Dropped Treo, Broke Screen
    2/2 Finally found dealer and ordered new screen
    2/13 While waiting for new screen I did research on how to replace screen and decided to have a trial operation and while removing the back cover screws, I accidentally broke the external antenna! Now the screen and Phone are broke!
    2/28 Still no screen and after two new soldering irons, hours of shopping tinkering and bloging
    I think I killed my treo.
    2/29 Then I found: Nano Becerra's "Treo 650 Tips, Tricks and Hacks "web-sight http://treotricks.blogspot.com/ Take a look you'll see this guys been inside a lot of treos !
    So.. I send him an S.O.S. Can you help Email
    Nano gets back same day and says " No problem . When you get screen pack it up and send it .

3/1 Screen finally arrives. I took him up on his offer ,He repaired the antenna, replaced the screen, repaired the audio jack ,and installed one of his own custom 3.5mm audio antenna jacks to boot !! Plus he received it repaired it and mailed it all on the same day he got it! 3/6 My Treo is better than new
    Bottom line: Leave it to the pros and NANO gets my vote! http://treotricks.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by byronchurch; 03/08/2006 at 01:10 PM. Reason: date fix
    GREAT !!

Although I am confused by the dates:

should 3/28 be 2/28?
    should 3/29 be 2/29? (Leap Year?)
    should 4/1 be 3/1? and
    should 4/6 be 3/6?

I am not sure I could have lasted that amount of days. . . . . you have my admiration.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    GREAT !!

should 3/28 be 2/28?
    should 4/1 be 3/1? and
    should 4/6 be 3/6?

I am not sure I could have lasted that amount of days. . . . . you have my admiration.

Cheers, Perry
    His calendar was out of service when he fried his Treo.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    GREAT !!

should 3/28 be 2/28?
    should 4/1 be 3/1? and
    should 4/6 be 3/6?

Cheers, Perry
    OOps! thanks It was Horrible ! (but my treo's fine now!)
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    I've been in treo hell!
    To keep it short :
    1/26 Dropped Treo, Broke Screen
    2/2 Finally found dealer and ordered new screen
    2/13 While waiting for new screen I did research on how to replace screen and decided to have a trial operation and while removing the back cover screws, I accidentally broke the external antenna! Now the screen and Phone are broke!
    2/28 Still no screen and after two new soldering irons, hours of shopping tinkering and bloging
    I think I killed my treo.
    2/29 Then I found: Nano Becerra's "Treo 650 Tips, Tricks and Hacks "web-sight http://treotricks.blogspot.com/ Take a look you'll see this guys been inside a lot of treos !
    So.. I send him an S.O.S. Can you help Email
    Nano gets back same day and says " No problem . When you get screen pack it up and send it .

3/1 Screen finally arrives. I took him up on his offer ,He repaired the antenna, replaced the screen, repaired the audio jack ,and installed one of his own custom 3.5mm audio antenna jacks to boot !! Plus he received it repaired it and mailed it all on the same day he got it! 3/6 My Treo is better than new
    Bottom line: Leave it to the pros and NANO gets my vote! http://treotricks.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for the good word...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Great find!

Thanks for sharing
    Two soldering irons? Sounds like you shouldn't have been in there in the first place!

At least you got it fixed... How much did it set you back, $200ish in the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Two soldering irons? Sounds like you shouldn't have been in there in the first place!

At least you got it fixed... How much did it set you back, $200ish in the end?
    I charge cheap... so the extra $20 he sent me as a tip was great!!!

Not the first time it's happened and hopefully not the last....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.