1.    #1  
    Starting a new thread for a particular issue since the existing SAG thread is getting sooooo long w/ sooooo many issues.

Anyhow, I've had the Motorola HT820 for a while and was psyched when SAG hit the street. Unfortunately, the stutter on the headphones is to the point where it's actually more like silence interspersed w/a little music. I've tried the Plantronics 590 and they are much much better, but there is still enough stutter (a noticeable drop out ever 30-60 seconds) that I can't justify spending more money on a new set of headphones. (I'm already using SAG v1.3)

My Treo 650 is working pretty hard -- I usually have both Goodlink (work e-mail) and Chatter (home e-mail) running, but I tried shutting them both down and the stutter remained. I know a couple of people have mentioned udmh and overclocking, so I headed over to www.palmpowerups.com and downloaded udmh and warpspeed. Still no appreciable change in performance. (I tried speeding up the clock for SAG, was that the right thing to do, or should I have had some other application overclocking?).

Anyhow, I'm getting close to giving up on bluetooth stereo for the time being, but just wanted to see if anyone had had success with a hardware and/or software setup similar to mine and could give me some suggestions before I throw in the towel completely.

TIA.
    No stuttering problems here, my biggest problem is handing off from phone calls to audio & vice versa, how much memory do you have free? I have read that good was a space hog..

I am also running chatter and have about 10mb free when I start SAG. Oh yeah I'm on Sprint running s/w 1.12a...
    HTC Touch Pro
    As I reported in the BT smackdown thread, I had similar problems initially. Then I tried higher quality or bitrate files, and the Moto works very well. No stuttering or pausing. I love 'em.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Almost all of my files are at 128 kbps. Did you have to higher than that?

And I'm generally showing about 7MB free memory, although I got it up over 10MB using udmh, but that didn't seem to solve my problems.

Other thoughts?
    Increased from 128 to 200+.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Are you using the treo while SAG is running... I only use SAG while the treo is sitting idle... (well actually I do have chatter & verichat running in the background)

I'm assuming you are using pTunes, maybe Real player might play a little smoother
    HTC Touch Pro
    I use Ptunes and only experience slight skipping while switching apps and slightly longer (1-3 s) while surfing with Blaze. The impact of SAG-HT820 on the processor is acceptable.
  8.    #8  
    Tried a 256kbps mp3 file. Not really any better. And w/UDMH (just reinstalled it) I'm showing 10++MB free, but the biggest chunk is about 7.9MB. It's a complete no go w/the HT820. Tiny bursts of music, but mostly silence.
    get the bt450rx they work perfect besides the speakers on the motos crackle they're horrible
    My Motos are bad (as in very good). Sound quality is as good or better than my standard issue Treo hybrids (sure don't miss those fawking wires ).

Must be something else going on. My HT820 is brand new ($89 chumpUSA). Wonder if you have older hardware/software in your headset?
    No crackling or stuttering with my motos... I wouldn't give up yet especially when you see others having sucess... I would @ least try another brand before admitting defeat.. I hope you bought the motos @ a brick & mortar spot, so you won't have any troule returning them.
    HTC Touch Pro
  12.    #12  
    And there's the rub. Online. And in October. So return is a no go (although the merchant was pretty apologetic when delivery was delayed, might be worth at least asking....). Motorola warranty? (At least I didn't go e-bay......).
    Does it help (in quality of play) at all if the playback software is running in the background instead of on-screen?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Also, you might check SAG preferenes to make sure that it is set to medium. Not sure if that will make a difference. FWIW, I have found Moto customer support to be extraordinary. They processed a return for an HF800 that I purchased through ebay (I never sent it in because the problem disappeared).
    Let's take the playback software out of the picture ans see what quality connection you have. What frame rate do you get when you press Test in SAG? I get 5061 frames/sec
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    5,387 f/s here.
    i guess i will chime in. with the latest version of sag and the moto ht820's i have very little pausing. like said before, it is only when changing apps and browsing the web. this seems acceptable to me although it makes me wish palmos was better at multitasking. sound quality is awesome when attached to ipod and great when used with treo and sag. i love being able to use this headset for EVERYTHING. truly universal.
  18.    #18  
    If more frames are better, than my problem must be something else. I'm showing 5572 fps.
    5572 fps here.
    pTunes running off SD card playing a streaming radio station plays with no stuttering or delays. I DID get some renegotiation at one time, but I think it was the station or my T-Mobile network connection at the time.
    TCPMP .66e running off SD card, playing MPEG/AVI movies, begins stuttering and then causes a soft-reset, this forcing me to start all over again after reboot.

It's at least a good start.

Greg

Bluewalker BW-MP02 headphones