Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1.    #21  
    MotionApps sent me beta v3.9.1 which does resolve the SMS problem.

    The only behavioral change is that when mSafe locks my Treo (after SMS, radio off, whatever) the screen blanks (as before) but after a few seconds it comes back ON again.

    Frankly, I like this and hope they will leave it that way. But I reported the change to them and have no idea if they will address it or not.

    I'm guessing they'll release v3.9.1 pretty soon. I notice they are still selling v3.9 which seems surprising since 'New User' trials are sure to fail the first time they test the thing!

    By the way, my Treo is doing fine. Just thought you'd like to know!
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  2. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #22  
    Thanks for the update Hawk!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Thanks for the update Hawk!
    de nada, eKeith !

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  4. #24  
    After reading this thread, I tried to lock my 650 (sprint) with msafe 3.9 and nothing happened. I downgraded to 3.8, and still no lock.

    msage had been working fine for me. I don't run much in the background except for Volume Care. I wonder if the latest version of VC could conflict with msafe?

    I have a support question into motionaps.
  5. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    After reading this thread, I tried to lock my 650 (sprint) with msafe 3.9 and nothing happened. I downgraded to 3.8, and still no lock.

    msage had been working fine for me. I don't run much in the background except for Volume Care. I wonder if the latest version of VC could conflict with msafe?

    I have a support question into motionaps.
    Try resetting the passwords in 3.8 and give it another shot...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  6. #26  
    3.9 doesn't work. 3.8 is working fine. mSafe does not mask password entry, which I find unacceptable for a security app. Have complained months ago to tech support but they don't care.

    Did anyone try Butler's SMS lock features? Free upgrade for existing users.
  7. #27  
    Thanks eKeith. I reset the passwords in 3.8 and it works again.
  8. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Thanks eKeith. I reset the passwords in 3.8 and it works again.
    No probs. Glad it worked...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    I notice they are still selling v3.9 which seems surprising since 'New User' trials are sure to fail the first time they test the thing!
    That's what you call customer services ??

    I've posted a warning in the mSafe customer review at Palmgear
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  10. #30  
    I got a response from motionaps in less than 24 hours. They sent me this beta version of 3.9 that they say had fixed the locking problem on CDMA phones.

    It's attached. I think I'm going to wait for the official release now that 3.8 is working for me again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    I got a response from motionaps in less than 24 hours. They sent me this beta version of 3.9 that they say had fixed the locking problem on CDMA phones.
    My phone is a GSM , and it has the same locking problem
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions