1.    #1  
    I just got a brand new sprint Treo 650 from a friend who doesnt need it. I don't have sprint service. Is there any way to get this on my cingular account? It seams like under the sticker in the battery compartment there is a spot for a sims card. I have unlock codes for the phone I just need to know if I should keep the phone or just sell it.
    I think Sprint is a CDMA provider and Cingular uses GSM. You cant mix the two.
    No No No No, a thousand times NO!

Peel off all the stickers you want. Dremel a hole in the case for a sim tray for all i care.

Sprint=CDMA
    Cingular =GSM

Of course, you could probably open the case up, replace the mobo and radio with a Cingular or unbranded version, dremel the SIM tray hole, and screw it back up. That should work!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Okay well that's all I needed to know. To ebay my phone now goes. I hope I can get enough to get a cingular one. Thanks a bunch for your help and as soon as I get my cingular one I will be back here to ask all the noob questions =)
    Please NEVER ask this again
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    I hope he wants to return... so kind around these part... tho I understand why... lol
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aluisi
    Okay well that's all I needed to know. To ebay my phone now goes. I hope I can get enough to get a cingular one. Thanks a bunch for your help and as soon as I get my cingular one I will be back here to ask all the noob questions =)
    I'll take that Sprint off your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by aluisi
    I will be back here to ask all the noob questions =)
    here is the answer to all your Noob questions ... USE the search function before asking. all noob questions have been asked and answered more than once.
    Sell it on Ebay, then buy a Cingular one.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    Sell it on Ebay, then buy a Cingular one.
    UH, I think that is what he said he was going to do. I can understand not doing a search sometimes, but at least read the thread. For Pete's sake it is less than 10 posts long.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Try Craigslisting it to sell it or to see if anybody would trade you for a GSM 650