1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a new hybrid headset for the Treo 600. It seems that nobody but Seidio makes them any more, and I'm not happy with their headsets (I bought one when I got my 600, the sound quality wasn't good, it was bulky and the wires broke).

I don't need a volume control on it, there is one in the phone, thanks very much. Just a phone/music switch. Any recommendations? Alternatively, has anyone a circuit diagram to show how the phone/music switch connects, and what the impedences of the earphones should be? I've got parts from a couple of headsets I could canibalise and make something new.

a.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcduggan
    I'm looking for a new hybrid headset for the Treo 600. It seems that nobody but Seidio makes them any more, and I'm not happy with their headsets (I bought one when I got my 600, the sound quality wasn't good, it was bulky and the wires broke).

I don't need a volume control on it, there is one in the phone, thanks very much. Just a phone/music switch. Any recommendations? Alternatively, has anyone a circuit diagram to show how the phone/music switch connects, and what the impedences of the earphones should be? I've got parts from a couple of headsets I could canibalise and make something new.

a.

The Treo 600 cannot use a 2-in-1 headset, at least not like the 650. I would just use a stereo headset and use the Treo's internal mic for phone calls.

Shure just came out with Treo Specific earbuds, check them out at their website. I think they also work for the 600.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    The Treo 600 cannot use a 2-in-1 headset, at least not like the 650. I would just use a stereo headset and use the Treo's internal mic for phone calls.
    Sorry to sound ungrateful, but that was not a very helpful reply, and it wasn't quite correct either. Palm did produce a 2 in 1 for the 600, they've stopped advertising it now. Seidio still do, but I don't want that one again, after the last one I had. It uses a three-pole plug (so you're right in that it's not "like the 650"). I'm trying to find out of there are any other manufacturers currently making such headsets, or if anyone has a schematic for such a headset. I think it relies on detecting impedence changes for the answer button, how to connect the microphone and answer button are what I need to know in order to build one. They do exist, they were sold.

a.
    You didn't look into the Shures? Boxwave also sells them.

You will need a switch and a button between the mic to make a 2-in-1.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    You didn't look into the Shures? Boxwave also sells them.
    At > $200 for their integrated headsets, they're a bit too pricey. I'll probably be upgrading the 600 once I've seen the new phones this year, I'm guessing the new phones will have 4-pole connectors, so I don't want to spend this amount on a headset for the 600 and have it be incompatible. Thanks anyway.