Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Are there any hacks for the camera? I found SplashPhoto which is a pretty good program. I like it better than the Palm Desktop anyway. It includes a very basic photo editor, crop, contrast and brightness (That I have figured out so far).

What I am looking for is to find out if there are any other software hacks that will allow me to adjust the camera. I know it is just a basic point and shoot but it is digital so hopefully someone with more skills than me has figured out how to adjust things like the aperture so I can do better with back lit photos and that sort of thing.
    Fixed focus and aperture. Not much you can do except perhaps adjust the ISO, which I even down that.. It is likely fixed as well. Electronic 'shutter' for exposure control, that's probably about the most control over it one can have besides jpg quality level and post adjustments like contrast, brightness, crop, etc.
    probably something to turn it into a web cam?
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    Would a program like QSet help the quality?
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    Would a program like QSet help the quality?
    Getting a real digital camera would help the quality Kidding...

I don't think QSet will work since you can already adjust the quality of the photos. This program looks like it just makes it easier to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    probably something to turn it into a web cam?
    Probably won't work since most webcams are TWAIN compliant and you won't find any TWAIN drivers for the Treo...
    not so... way back when I had a 600 I had a webcam software. it was some sort of freeware put out by someone. it came with java software that allowed users to view the cam from the web in realtime. so its possible but I don't know where to find it. i'll look for it when I get to a computer... on the road now.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Okay, not driving anymore. Here's ya linky! http://www.clievideo.com/default.asp...intProductID=4
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    thanks unforgiven but i looked at that before and it says compatible with 600, not 650.

also, dont know if its true, but webcaming can be harmful to your phone cause regular webcams are built to withstand the heat from long periods of usage. your phone or regular digicamera is too expensive to blow a bulb like that.
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Fixed focus and aperture. Not much you can do except perhaps adjust the ISO, which I even down that.. It is likely fixed as well. Electronic 'shutter' for exposure control, that's probably about the most control over it one can have besides jpg quality level and post adjustments like contrast, brightness, crop, etc.
    There was a program for the 600 that would allow you to do all kinds of adjustments for the camera - sensitivity, whiteness and a bunch of others. Can't remember the name, but it came with a warning not to use it unless you really knew what you were doing.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Try this one:

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...keyword=webcam

I think I have an older copy of it, when it was called Palm Webcam. Looks like you need to buy the client (for the phone) and the server, for the hooked-up pc.
    I know people have asked about the 650 and Webcam, whether it was possible, etc.

Here is a service that is something similar and imo, worth checking out. They even have a "free" version (e.g. limited and ads).

http://www.what-happened.com/whdc/cellimation.shtml

Anyone want to give it a shot?

ps check out the err...cheezy "trailer" to get an idea.
    Malatesta, I actually tested that app for a bit. Not what it seems (unless they've improved it) it just snapped photos every second...kind of weird. Good & friendly people at that company though.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    There's a free program that will do that called TeksPhoto which just snaps a picture every N seconds and saves it to the memory card (or ram) in the dcim folder.

Interesting thing is it has different image quality settings, from medium (30kish) to Best (260kish), but I haven't looked to see if the pictures are any better. The pictures out of the Treo tend to be way oversaturated, soft, and have no detail. I might see if the "Best" setting in this program changes that any.