Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    I just installed SharkLinks. Excellent!! Now I can get the Yankees schedule with just the touch of an icon.
    Wait till you add VSuite ... no touching required !
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I really like your revolutionary idea of replacing apps by web links. It is so revolutionary that is hard to digest for most of us.
    Jeff's taken it further than me. I used to keep PDF's on my SD card for ferry and train schedules and the like but now I just have sharklinks that open to those pages. It's much easier and faster while driving to say "Open Ferry Schedule" and have it pop up an "updated" schedule" than it does to continually check for new versions by season, boat condition, holidays, etc. and save them to SD card.
    I've been doing this with Hi-Launcher and Xiino for months now.

If you're going to set all the sites up, you might as well have 2-key access to all apps through Hi-Launcher, and Cruise (download for later viewing) them through Xiino. I had QuickNews and Xiino both update at 5AM and all my sports / stocks / weather / movies / RSS feed info was up to date for the day.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I prefer the "no key" ....well one (side) button access
    Free space is wasted space, I say.... Just like buffers, cache, and empty partitions.. Sure, you don't want it getting too full as that doesn't make Palm OS behave well, but if you're not utilizing the available ram, it's just a waste.

I too think your idea is pretty good, but there's some stuff that is good to have onhand regardless of data availability.
    Neat ideas. Nice links.

thanks jeff and jack

(and shark links is a free program!!)

Great find, I say
    Last edited by shadowboxer; 03/08/2006 at 11:45 AM.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    your method is nice but too slow for me - I am a busy business owner where I need info now, can't wait for pages to load, plus Blazer is slow after my firmware update 1.17
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    your method is nice but too slow for me - I am a busy business owner where I need info now, can't wait for pages to load, plus Blazer is slow after my firmware update 1.17
    I still don't get this. How many of you really have jobs where seconds count? I mean, if you're not an emergency responder, how busy are you, really?

For what it's worth, I'd much rather have stability (and not wait on multiple resets a day) than a few seconds here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
    I still don't get this. How many of you really have jobs where seconds count? I mean, if you're not an emergency responder, how busy are you, really?

For what it's worth, I'd much rather have stability (and not wait on multiple resets a day) than a few seconds here and there.

Why don't you get it? We use technology to make our lives better, faster and more convenient, not to wait for info while its loading, and loading.

You buy these devices to work fast and right - I also have many apps installed and have controlled the stability quite well. I know when I am pushing the limits when apps cause resets, I just dont use those particular apps that cause issues. There are plenty that ARE stable and get me the info I need right away - and yes I am busy enough to want the info right now.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  10.    #30  
    Oh well. Instant gratification isn't a big deal to me. I'd much rather have live info off the web that takes a few seconds than canned info on my device that's hours old.

But that's just me.
    It's all about preference. I will however put some of these links to use. As far as creating icons for them, that might not be a bad idea and cut down icon search time by using Voice signal Vsuite2.0 to launch the apps via voice command. Thanks for taking time to post all these links.
    Darn,
    tough audience, hug Jeff?

I appreciate the idea. I have already added Sharklink and a bunch of little "linkets".
    Thanks
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  13.    #33  
    I don't need a hug, I really don't care if people agree with me. I do find the urgency addiction here amusing.

And if you think SharkLinks is cool, wait until you see what you can do with SharkCuts.
    I don't need a hug, I really don't care if people agree with me. I do find the urgency addiction here amusing.

And if you think SharkLinks is cool, wait until you see what you can do with SharkCuts.
    Don't get me wrong, I do see a lot of possibilities with SharkLinks. I just don't see it as the answer for certain applications. I'm personally big into integrated applications, which means apps that display info from my calendar/todos along with info from the internet on a single screen.

That being said, good post Jeff. Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Wait till you add VSuite ... no touching required !
    So I could just say something like: The Yankees win... THE YANKEES WIN!!! or, maybe something like the Red Sox suck and have the Yankees schedule in a few seconds. Hmmm.....
    I still don't get this. How many of you really have jobs where seconds count?
    I was a scorekeeper/timekeeper for a basketball league once. Does that count?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I was a scorekeeper/timekeeper for a basketball league once. Does that count?
    No.
    Revision:
    This approach will only work once the Treo 700p comes out. Here is why Jeff:
    -Apps will load faster on the browser (N. 2 Reason for getting EVDO)
    -Loading apps on the browser won't make you miss your calls (N. 1 Reason for getting EVDO)

OK, Jeff, maybe we can argue on the speed difference with you, but you can't argue with anybody about lost calls. For most of us missed calls because we were loading a page on Blazer is very frustrating and it can affect our productivity, reliability, etc.

Therefore, I can't wait to get my hands on a Treo 700p and implement your ideas.

Thanks Jeff you are the man,

Al
  19.    #39  
    Okay, good point about missed calls. Not enough to overcome my inherent frugality and get me to buy a 700p when a 650 will do, but good point just the same.
    Actually....I'll bet I can load say a ferry schedule faster / easier via sharklinks than I can by saving it as a PDF and opening with PalmPDF....in other instances, a on board program will win if you have to navigate. Certainly I can only do the former while driving. When sharkcuts is done....it should be close.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast