1.    #1  
    Howdy,

So I have been wondering if anyone knows how an idle SD card effects the battery, if at all?

I'm new to these things, and just curious. Not sure if the Treo does any polling or anything. I tried doing some searches with no luck.

I didn't know if it was good policy to remove the SD card when not in use or something. Something that made me think of it is that Ringo requires the SD card to be inserted to use MP3 ringers, so it sparked this line of thinking.

Thanks!
    Total Guess -- No power used. It's memory is retained while outside the device, so it should draw no power to maintain memory. Once inserted -- it should become just part of the base circuitry. Power is only used when a request is made to access it.

My card stays in 24/7.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the opinion. At least I know that a real power user leaves the card in all the time...

I will probably have about a hundred more of these questions as I dig in to my new best friend!
    LOL

I wish I had just half the knowledge of those around here that post less. . . . .

Power User? Nah. On a scale of 1 to 10, with Shadowmite being a 10, I'm a 4.9

Thats it! I'm a Power noob!!
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/07/2006 at 01:22 PM.