Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Changelog:
    - Fixed the problem with Samsung SGH-D600 and SGH-D600E
    - Added bookmarks to the builds that missed bookmarks (Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Nynorsk, Turkish)
    - Changed bookmarks in Icelandic build
    While this changelog appears to not be great there have been other versions released since the initial "Final" version which do not contain change-logs but are said to correct many bugs/issues. I was still running 29XX (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $so$ $this$ $version$ $should$ $incorporate$ $many$ $of$ $those$ $fixes$.

Link to Forum Post:
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=128287

Direct link to the PRC (Treo 650):
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...dvanced-us.prc
    Last edited by cesium1024; 03/07/2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Thank you, Sir!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    FYI, I wasn't able to download the prc. Got a "file does not exist" message. Also, the site says Verizon is not supported but I've been using it for a few weeks now.
  4.    #4  
    The URL is
    Code:
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-mini-1.2.3214-advanced-us.prc
    if you are typing it in on your phone, the forum truncates it if the URL title exceeds a certain character count.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    The URL is
    Code:
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-mini-1.2.3214-advanced-us.prc
    if you are typing it in on your phone, the forum truncates it if the URL title exceeds a certain character count.
    No, I tried to download it from the site and got the same message.
  6.    #6  
    Works perfectly from Blazer, Downloader 1.1, and Opera 8.53 on WinXP. Attached is the PRC; perhaps you have other issues?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    nice, it crashed my treo when deleted the old one but it is faster for me.
    Okay, I got it from Blazer. For whatever reason I wasn't able to open it from my PC.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Okay, I got it from Blazer. For whatever reason I wasn't able to open it from my PC.

Thanks!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rasshopper.jpg

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    works here, too. is it just me or does this seem faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by toofgoo
    works here, too. is it just me or does this seem faster?
    Last night I tested it on DSLreports.com and got a download rate of 1157 kbps.
    Last night I tested it on DSLreports.com and got a download rate of 1157 kbps.
    I usually get a "Too fast" error with Opera.

btw, the desktop version is pretty quick as well.

would you all recommend getting opera and chucking blazer?
  14.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogie
    would you all recommend getting opera and chucking blazer?
    Sure. How are you going to chunk blazer? You going to create and flash a custom ROM that has it removed?

Opera doesn't support downloads (yet), so how are you going to download applications/PRC files/etc?

Opera doesn't support cut/paste unless you use the Virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I usually get a "Too fast" error with Opera.

btw, the desktop version is pretty quick as well.
    Did you try it with the 600kb test? If so, that's pretty stinkin' fast.

I thought about trying the desktop version. Is it a tabbed browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Sure. How are you going to chunk blazer? You going to create and flash a custom ROM that has it removed?

Opera doesn't support downloads (yet), so how are you going to download applications/PRC files/etc?

Opera doesn't support cut/paste unless you use the Virtual keyboard.
    Right, those are BIG deficits. There's no way I would actually "remove" Blazer exactly for those reasons. But for day-to-day browsing Opera mini is great.
    Did you try it with the 600kb test? If so, that's pretty stinkin' fast.

I thought about trying the desktop version. Is it a tabbed browser?
    Yep. Tried it at all speeds. Someone started a thread the other day, asking SPCS users to test their connection @200k. I tried with Opera, just out of curiosity, and got the error at 200, as well as at all other speeds. Although one time I was able to get a reading at 600K It was stupid fast, and obviously not accurate of Vision speed.

The desktop version does indeed have tabs. I'm using it on my Mac right now to respond. Also use it on my PC. It has a few hiccups every now abd then, but its a good alternative.

Opera has been around for probably 10 years now. Nice to see them put out a good product again.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yep. Tried it at all speeds. Someone started a thread the other day, asking SPCS users to test their connection @200k. I tried with Opera, just out of curiosity, and got the error at 200, as well as at all other speeds. Although one time I was able to get a reading at 600K It was stupid fast, and obviously not accurate of Vision speed.

The desktop version does indeed have tabs. I'm using it on my Mac right now to respond. Also use it on my PC. It has a few hiccups every now abd then, but its a good alternative.

Opera has been around for probably 10 years now. Nice to see them put out a good product again.
    Interesting. I'll have to give it a try. I've been using Avant browser for quite a while now and I like the tab support (better than Firefox). But being basically an overlay to IE, it still has all of the security holes that IE does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast