1.    #1  
    I've read some notes that folks are using Popme just fine. I've got a new Prism and it crashes with the infamous FATAL ERROR, line 4450 chunk thingie.

I went so far as to hard reset and install nothing but Bugme, popme and the hackmaster version supplied with it.

Same diff. I've sent a note to the developer but I wondered if anyone's seen this on a Prism and/or has rectified it.

Thanks,
    Larry
    Originally posted by LarryH
    I've read some notes that folks are using Popme just fine. I've got a new Prism and it crashes with the infamous FATAL ERROR, line 4450 chunk thingie.

I went so far as to hard reset and install nothing but Bugme, popme and the hackmaster version supplied with it.

Same diff. I've sent a note to the developer but I wondered if anyone's seen this on a Prism and/or has rectified it.

Thanks,
    Larry
    If it's consolation I'm having the same problem with popme and have yet to resolve it. I also have a Prism.
    Ditto!
  4.    #4  
    Misery loves company. Thanks, guys. I'm exchanging painfully slow emails with the Hausofmaus folks. You know the kind where you try to specify EVERYTHING so they can answer you quickly without coming back with pesky "are you sitting down when this happens?" type of questions.

If nothing else, I will let them know that I am not alone. At the very least, knowing I have company, maybe they'll send over chips and dip.

Thanks,

Larry

[Edited by LarryH on 01-16-2001 at 02:42 PM]
    Hi Folks,

Sorry for not getting into this thread earlier.

I have good and bad news. We now have versions of BugMe! and PopMe! that allow screen grabs on the Prism - in full 16-bit, without an error dialog. Unfortunately we aren't able to get it to do 'pop up' functionality on 16-bit models. Soooooo, we're going to have to 'block' that feature on the Prism until we integrate PopMe!'s 'pop up' features into BugMe! itself.

This integration has always been the plan for PopMe! and will enable us to share the (superior) BugMe! code - making PopMe! a lot better. ie. more feature rich and more stable. We currently plan this for the end of March.

The latest version of BugMe! (V3.4) is at http://bugme.net - and includes PopMe! 3.5, as described above.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work this out for the best!

Cheers,
    Iain
    Electric Pocket (the BugMe! folks!)
    I use Bugme and got rid of popme by using a freeware hack called Easylaunch. I set it up to launch Bugme with a single swipe from the apps button to the screen. You can't tell the difference.

Yes its cheating, but it works great.
    Originally posted by iainb
    Hi Folks,

Sorry for not getting into this thread earlier.

I have good and bad news. We now have versions of BugMe! and PopMe! that allow screen grabs on the Prism - in full 16-bit, without an error dialog. Unfortunately we aren't able to get it to do 'pop up' functionality on 16-bit models. Soooooo, we're going to have to 'block' that feature on the Prism until we integrate PopMe!'s 'pop up' features into BugMe! itself...
    Is there the same issue with SnapShot (used with BugMe Messenger)?

I am getting Fatal Errors when I try to capture anything that seems to be 16-bit (photos, AvantGo Pages, etc.).

Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    No, that _should_ work ok. I tested it myself on the world clock (which is 16-bit) - I'll try some other apps and see what happens...

Thanks for the heads-up...

Incidentally, PopMe! and SnapShot will soon be merged into one configurable app that lets you do both 'pop ups' and screenshots from BugMe! or BugMe! Messenger (at least, thats the plan!)
    I will test it on more of my apps and will give you a detailed description of what I find.

Thanks
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Well, sorry it took so long - but finally a new BugMe! and a new PopMe! are available.... And PopMe! now works on the Prism!

This PopMe! is a bit different in that it launches BugMe! rather than a subset of BugMe! - but it puts a button up near the title that lets you quickly go back to the last app. After using it for a while I prefer it this way, it means you can do a lot more with BugMe! when you are 'using' another application and still have a really quick way to go back.

Anyway, it is at http://bugme.net/bugme.zip - with full details at http://bugme.net

BTW, the next release of BugMe! Messenger will also support PopMe!

Thanks,
    Iain
    Electric Pocket
    I just tested it on my Prism and it works great.
    I also put BugMe on my Flash Module and again - no problems.
    It is great to be able to do screen captures again!

By the way, I love the return icon. This enhancement lets you go back to what you were doing before the screen capture. That is a real plus.
    Richard Grogan
    Email: <A HREF="mailto:rgrogan@azstarnet.com?subject=VisorCentral">rgrogan@azstarnet.com</A>
    Homepage: <A HREF="http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/official.htm">http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/official.htm</A>