1.    #1  
    Help me, i just got a new treo, my other one broke but this one everytime i recieve a text, it resets...The only thing i have on it is toccer and ringo so i dont think thats the problem, i just got it today. Might it be because its a referb? What can i do to fix it?
    Next time that happens, go into the dialpad and type ##ERR#.
    It'll tell you what application caused the crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnitsarya
    Help me, i just got a new treo, my other one broke but this one everytime i recieve a text, it resets...The only thing i have on it is toccer and ringo so i dont think thats the problem, i just got it today. Might it be because its a referb? What can i do to fix it?
    Use a file manager like FILEZ (posted below) and delete the message db (it is corrupt) it will recreate itself when you launch the text messaging app again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Some versions of Ringo cause a reset when receiving a call/SMS. Version 4.42 is fine and, I'm told, so is the latest version 4.45. I can't personally confirm v 4.45-- I had upgraded to 4.43 and 4.44, and caught the he-- you describe. Went back to 4.42, where I remain.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Doe you use ringo 4.42 to change tone of sms text? No matter how I try it just uses the regular beep.
    I had lightwav and I just removed it last night because of resets with sms, mms, and phone calls. A waste of money. So far so good! I just took the mp3 files and changes them to AMR and put the into RAM.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
  7.    #7  
    ok so i restarted all that stuff, dont even have ringo and toccer on there anymore, it still resetted...

Then i used filez and deleted teh messagedb thing, adn it worked for the rest of the day...

Then all the sudden it broke again and stopped working, and again evertime i get a text it resets
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly I had this same issue with Ringo on my VZW 650, even after I uninstalled Ringo. I used files and went in and deleted a file that was left in memory that had something to do with Ringo, though the name of the file escapes me right now.

Try doing a hard reset and don't install anything. Don't load anything on it at all and see if it still does it. Thats about the only option you have left. Most resets are normally caused my a third party program. The Treo clean with nothing installed will very rarely reset, at least thats been my experience
  9.    #9  
    yeah i tired that , and it worked...im absolutly fine with that but how do i add contacts back to the phone? like i want to add just the contacts to the new phone, nothing else...where is the file/folder?