1.    #1  
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted and answered before. I have been using LauncherX from day one since I had my Treo 650. Recently I found that LauncherX would occasionally cause a reset due to "fatal error" even after I locked it with RescoLocker. So I decided to remove it and switch back to the built-in launcher.

However, I found that I cannot press the Home button to switch between different categories in the built-in launcher any more. And I clearly remember I could do that before. Is this caused by some wrong settings in the preferences databases? Anyone know how to restore this setting? Many thanks in advance!

KS
  2.    #2  
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted and answered before. I have been using LauncherX from day one since I had my Treo 650. Recently I found that LauncherX would occasionally cause a reset due to "fatal error" even after I locked it with RescoLocker. So I decided to remove it and switch back to the built-in launcher.

However, I found that I cannot press the Home button to switch between different categories in the built-in launcher any more. And I clearly remember I could do that before. Is this caused by some wrong settings in the preferences databases? Anyone know how to restore this setting? Many thanks in advance!

KS
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Ouch... yes, you should be able to do this in the default launcher. I've only run Hi-Launcher and PowerRun as far as launchers go, so I haven't experienced this personally. I think you're right that it's related to LauncherX though. First, I'd hunt thru your Saved Preferences (using FileZ or similar) and delete any entries related to LauncherX, then soft reset. If that doesn't work, a hard reset may be the only option.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    ...clip... So I decided to remove it...clip...
    KS
    Please forgive me if this is a dumb question; was there a way to disable LaunchX before you removed it.
    I know some apps need to be disabled before removal.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Please forgive me if this is a dumb question; was there a way to disable LaunchX before you removed it.
    I know some apps need to be disabled before removal.
    You actually made a very good point here. In my old PalmOS 4 days, I'd used MegaLauncher which I remember had an option to disable or enable itself as the system launcher. I couldn't find such an option in LauncherX. I guess if there's a proper way to uninstall LauncherX it wouldn't cause the problem with the home button.

KS
  6.    #6  
    Problem solved! I reinstalled LauncherX, and used the Exit LauncherX from its menu. It puts me back to the default launcher. Now the Home button works fine!
    Great
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #8  
    Problem solved! I reinstalled LauncherX, and used the Exit LauncherX from its menu. It puts me back to the default launcher. Now the Home button works fine!
    <merged>
    Good for you! Anyway, exiting LauncherX puts you back to your original settings but the software is still installed. Does that repeat the Home key button problem if you go back to LauncherX again?

Next time, try to avoid posting the same thread on different forums.