1.    #1  
    can you download movies from the internet for your treo. compressed movies ready to download.
    Yeah, I want some enterprising TCer to set up a website from which we can download videos for direct viewing on our Treo 650s. For example some Google videos adapted to 320x 320.

Anyone?
    -mbd26
    Movies = copyright issues

but I always wondered is it ok to upload TV shows, since they are free to air... If they're aren't any legal issues with it, I could upload a few TV shows that I encode for my treo
    HTC Touch Pro
  4.    #4  
    what shows do u have RI Rydah
    TV shows, even if they're broadcast, are still covered by copyright law.

So, no, you legally can't share programs... despite what P2P servers will tell you
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Depending on what you are talking about downloading, (ie: movie/tv show). It's faster just using Fair Use Wizard to encode from DVD (assuming you already own the movie of course).
    1. go to popular torrent site

2. download divx/xvid avi movie/tv shows

3. put it on your SD card

4. play with TCPMP

5. ....

6. profit!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    TV shows, even if they're broadcast, are still covered by copyright law.

So, no, you legally can't share programs... despite what P2P servers will tell you
    My understanding of the law is that it is illegal to distribute and or copy a movie or television.

So the question is, if I am not distributing the video but yet see the video online and download it, am distributing or am i just taking what I see.

That is the question I always ask myself.
  9.    #9  
    gust like p2p, only personal use