1.    #1  
    Howdy,

After going through the forums for the last week or so, I have a running list of questions I was curious about.

First- does anyone know if it's possible, or what the options are to rename the "Sprint" service greeting that appears? Not the logo, in the upper left corner.

On every other phone I could customize the "greeting" to say something like "Mike's Phone".

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think you are talking about the Splash screen when you first turn the device on. There are apps out there and different splash screens that you can load onto the device or I am sure you could make your own, I don't recommend it, unlike other just plain mobile phones it isn't a matter of a setting. Check out mytreo.net I think they had different splash screens there to download and an app to change them, but like I said, the best way to look at it is like modifying the registry on your Windows XP computer. I never felt comfortable about doing it. I saw to many Treo's come into my store when I worked at Cingular that people tried to do that, and it was a brick.

Check out that site though, I think there is some stuff there, like apps and screens.

Good Luck, you picked a great place to look for Treo info!!
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I think you are talking about the Splash screen when you first turn the device on.
    Actually, no that's what I meant by "not the logo". I meant to say splash screen. Ooops.

So on other Sprint phones, when you first get the phone when you have service it shows the time and says "Sprint PCS". I _always_ changed that to something custom like "Mike's Phone". Usually the setting is called "Greeting".

On the Treo, there isn't such a setting, and in the upper left of the phone app it just says "Sprint" (I've seen screen shots of other carriers like "Orange" in Europe having similar things).

I will check out the other places you suggested though! Thanks!

I've already read through these posts, and looked at all the neat splash screens, but this isn't what I meant. Thanks anyway. That link looks suspicious at first glace because it ends with a .prc so I thought you were posting a link to an app or something that would do what I wanted. It wasn't until I moused over it that I saw where it went.
    Are you talking about the word "Sprint" in the top left corner of the dial-pad screen?

If so, it can be changed but it is a difficult hack that requires windows software and a homemade serial cable with USB interface. Probably not worth getting into. The hack is actually not difficult but getting the serial cable is.

If you want to read about it run a search for "Verizonized"- the cable is an essential part of this process.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I see you are in NH, I will loan you the cable if you really want to do it.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl
    I've already read through these posts, and looked at all the neat splash screens, but this isn't what I meant. Thanks anyway. That link looks suspicious at first glace because it ends with a .prc so I thought you were posting a link to an app or something that would do what I wanted. It wasn't until I moused over it that I saw where it went.
    The link ends in prc because that was the search query he used.

But I'm not sure what you want to do. You say you wanted to change the Splash screen, but then you say that's not what you want.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    Are you talking about the word "Sprint" in the top left corner of the dial-pad screen?
    This is exactly what I was talking about! Sorry for not communicating that well, guess the caffeine hasn't been absorbed into my gray matter yet.

Heh, no I'm not brave enough to do any hacks, I was just wondering if I was missing some option or something.

In this post http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108797 I've been talking about how unstable my Treo has been, so I'm not hacking ANYTHING in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for all the info and helpful responses!