Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have any idea how to turn off an app's 'copy prevention'? Is there some kind of setting somewhere that I'm missing? I use Zlauncher and at first I couldn't move most apps to my SD card, but then for some reason unknown to me I was able to, and now today I can't again. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I know where to go to in Zlauncher deselect copy prevention, but it isn't working. All I want to do is store certain apps on my card. That's it. Guidance anyone?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I use filez rather than the zlauncher file manager...give it a shot.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Anyone have any idea how to turn off an app's 'copy prevention'? Is there some kind of setting somewhere that I'm missing? I use Zlauncher and at first I couldn't move most apps to my SD card, but then for some reason unknown to me I was able to, and now today I can't again. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I know where to go to in Zlauncher deselect copy prevention, but it isn't working. All I want to do is store certain apps on my card. That's it. Guidance anyone?
    Some apps have copy protection built in.
    While using zlauncher to get into the apps attributes, disable copy prevention by unchecking the box, tap the 'done' button then tap the 'save' button......

Changing the apps attributes won't be saved unless you tap the save button.

You can only change the attributes of apps on the card or in the ram, not apps in the rom.

Chuck
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    While using zlauncher to get into the apps attributes, disable copy prevention by unchecking the box, tap the 'done' button then tap the 'save' button......

Changing the apps attributes won't be saved unless you tap the save button.

You can only change the attributes of apps on the card or in the ram, not apps in the rom.

Chuck
    Yeah, I know how to do it, the only problem is that it isn't working. I can't uncheck the checkbox
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Yeah, I know how to do it, the only problem is that it isn't working. I can't uncheck the checkbox
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    Which app is it your having difficulty with?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Some apps have copy protection built in.
    What's weird to me, is that even though some apps have copy protection built-in, I've been able to deselect their 'copy prevention' in the past
  8.    #8  
    Which app is it your having difficulty with?
    All of them. Everything that came with 'copy prevention' initially checked. I USED to be able to uncheck that checkbox, however, and move the app to my card
    What's weird to me, is that even though some apps have copy protection built-in, I've been able to deselect their 'copy prevention' in the past
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    The developer can control the apps ability for it to be unselected. All depends on how they choose to protect it from being redistributed. Some use registration, others provide a full app, and some lock it from being copied.
    All of them. Everything that came with 'copy prevention' initially checked. I USED to be able to uncheck that checkbox, however, and move the app to my card http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    Ahh. In this case, its not copy protection. Does it do it on Hard Reset w/ Zlauncher added in only?
    All of them. Everything that came with 'copy prevention' initially checked. I USED to be able to uncheck that checkbox, however, and move the app to my card
    As craniumfunk asked, what specific app are you having difficulty with. "all of them" isn't specific. For example, "all of them" might cover apps in the rom. Attributes of apps in the rom can't be changed.

A third party app in the ram can have it's copy prevention disabled. So which app by name that is in the ram are you having difficulty with????

Chuck
  12.    #12  
    As craniumfunk asked, what specific app are you having difficulty with. "all of them" isn't specific. For example, "all of them" might cover apps in the rom. Attributes of apps in the rom can't be changed.

A third party app in the ram can have it's copy prevention disabled. So which app by name that is in the ram are you having difficulty with????

Chuck
    I know you can't change the attributes of apps that are in the ROM. Basically, I can't disable copy prevention of ANY third-party apps.
  13.    #13  
    Ahh. In this case, its not copy protection. Does it do it on Hard Reset w/ Zlauncher added in only?
    Well, I suppose it's worth a shot...
    A third party app in the ram can have it's copy prevention disabled.
    Some apps can be locked and protection cannot be removed. This is typically done in corporate apps that aren't meant to leave the users treo. Just about all commercial apps don't do this cause they promote its distribution & registration.
    I know you can't change the attributes of apps that are in the ROM. Basically, I can't disable copy prevention of ANY third-party apps.
    I give up......
  16.    #16  
    Weird. I tried a hard reset, and Zlauncher still wasn't letting me disable copy prevention. So I HotSync'ed my phone back to how it was, and all of the sudden it's working again. Thanks for the help, peeps
  17.    #17  
    Of course, now Zlauncher is telling me that my 'trial' has expired every time I select something and that I need to register...

I think it's time I look into another launcher.
    You may have to re-enter the registration code.
    Of course, now Zlauncher is telling me that my 'trial' has expired every time I select something and that I need to register...

I think it's time I look into another launcher.
    Well Golly

You were trying to do something with a unregistered copy of zLauncher with an expired trial period.....

NO WONDER IT DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU ANY LONGER.......

GO FIGURE........

BTW....My trouble free Sprint/T650 and my REGISTERED copy of Zlauncher is working just fine.....Just thought you should know......

Chuck
  20.    #20  
    Well Golly

You were trying to do something with a unregistered copy of zLauncher with an expired trial period.....

NO WONDER IT DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU ANY LONGER.......

GO FIGURE........

BTW....My trouble free Sprint/T650 and my REGISTERED copy of Zlauncher is working just fine.....Just thought you should know......

Chuck
    Chuck - drop the sarcasm. It isn't very becoming of you. I'm not stupid. I WAS using a registered copy of Zlauncher. Jack was right, I just had to re-enter the code. It must've gotten lost as some point during my trial and error yesterday. You know what's funny though, Chuck? The 'trial' version of Zlauncher was what I was able to disable copy prevention with. That function stopped working after I reregistered. Which is pretty much the exact opposite of what you said. GO FIGURE........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast