Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone know if applying the body kit would prevent me from mounting the treo in a proclips car mount? Will the fit be too snug? Will the added friction of the protector make it too difficult to insert and remove the treo from the proclips?

Thanks in advance.
    Anyone use this product with a cradle?
    I have the Invisible Shield on a Treo 650. With the Palm Cradle, it's a snug fit. Before it went right in, now, I have to use some pressure. After a few times it does feel a little better. I would like to hear someone's experience with using the ProClip system and the Invisible Shield. I'm considering buying a ProClip mount and don't want to waste money if it's not going to work. I guess we could just get a universal one, so we won't have to worry about it.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    I have the Invisible Shield on a Treo 650. With the Palm Cradle, it's a snug fit. Before it went right in, now, I have to use some pressure. After a few times it does feel a little better. I would like to hear someone's experience with using the ProClip system and the Invisible Shield. I'm considering buying a ProClip mount and don't want to waste money if it's not going to work. I guess we could just get a universal one, so we won't have to worry about it.

I'll let you know next week. I have been using E-grips with a Pro-clip dash mount and the mount is so snug it does fray the edges. I'm hoping the Shield Zone will be better. It should be here on Monday.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    what about the reset hole, any way to drill through this invisible shield?
    Haven't you read any info on it? It's indestructable. Sorry, you're going to have to take the battery cover off.

J/K. I haven't tried it. It may not look really clean, but, I heard of one guy cutting his to fit the 5-way, so they are "cuttable." Not sure how hard it'd be. After taking it off the backing, one piece folded over and I didn't think I'd ever get it unstuck.
    I used a fresh Xacto knife blade to cut a hole to match my reset hole battery cover. I put the Invisible Shield / BSE on the reset hole battery cover, let it sit for a day then I took the Xacto blade and cut the hole in the Invisible Shield / BSE.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just applied the invisible shield to my Treo 650 today. It is a very good product. Makes the phone look neat. Two thumbs up for this product.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Does anyone know if applying the body kit would prevent me from mounting the treo in a proclips car mount? Will the fit be too snug? Will the added friction of the protector make it too difficult to insert and remove the treo from the proclips?

Thanks in advance.
    I installed the Invisible Shield over the weekend. I must say I am extremely pleased with it as well. I have a proclips dash mount in my car. It is a tight fit but it has been going in without scratching the invisible shield. It is tighter than the e-grips in the pro-clip but I sure do love the appearance of it alot better.
    I've noticed the sides of mine are getting little marks, from using the Seidio Clip holster 2. It's not much, and it doesn't look like it's pushing the shield out of the way, just making marks. Is this something that may happen with the ProClip? I may wait anyway on buying the PC, I'm thinking of getting a "new" car soon, maybe.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I've noticed the sides of mine are getting little marks, from using the Seidio Clip holster 2. It's not much, and it doesn't look like it's pushing the shield out of the way, just making marks. Is this something that may happen with the ProClip? I may wait anyway on buying the PC, I'm thinking of getting a "new" car soon, maybe.

Give me a few more days using IS with pro-clip and I'll let you know if I notice any marks on the side.

UPDATE: Have not noticed any scratches on IS when using pro-clip all week.
    Last edited by wbwjr; 08/30/2006 at 02:57 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I'm going to be getting the Treo 700wx. This invisibleShield full kit looked pretty good. I definitely wanted to wear a clip on it also, so I was thinking of getting a case. Would that be overkill though? I'm not even sure how the case would fit with the invisible shield on.

Any reccomendations on which one would work well with it. If I had the money I'd try for the Vaja, but that's a no go, I was thinking up to about $35.

Thanks, I just want to get my phone protected ASAP, so any help would be great!

~J
    I'm using the Invisible Shield, and sometimes slip it in a Piel Frama case. I like it. It's a snug fit, but it works. And no, it's not overkill. The IS isn't a case or anything like that, just something to protect the finish. And, it's not like you can take it off when you put it in the temporary case.

As for a case around $35, I really couldn't tell you. I didn't really like using the Piel Frama on my belt or the magnesium case. When I use it on a belt, I use the Siedio holster (the new one, with the new clip). I also liked the Palm holster, but it would squeeze the Treo to the point of messing up touch screen.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    does it cover the entire phone including the keys? If I'm going to wear a form fitted case on my waist, that might end up being important.

I also read something about there being a "Best Skins Ever" skin that is the same as the InvisibleShield. Anyone know about this?

Thanks for the info, still deciding between a form fitted or a pouch. I don't know if I trust myself to have a pouch and possibly drop the phone after taking it out. Maybe with the Invisible Shield I won't feel so bad about it. Then again with a pouch, if someone calls, I can't tell who it is without taking it out of the pouch.

~J
    It doesn't cover the keys. Mine, on a 650, covers the piece on the front above the screen, all 4 sides, and the back.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12