1.    #1  
    I am trying to help a colleague who got a Treo 650 recently. I am a BB user, so I am not expert, but she is challenged technically, so I am doing what I can.

She is using Xpressmail PE and that seems to work just fine. It doesn't push, but when she syncs wirelessly the e-mail comes through.

But she also gets all the messages in her Messaging App which is PalmOne Messaging v2.0. We want to turn off or disable that. THe alerts were going to put her over the edge! I think we got those turned off OK, but I see no reason to have the messages collect in there too(?)

I found a thread that suggested blanking out data in the Network section of the preferences of messaging. The phone number came back, and it still picks up messages.

Any ideas? Detail would help as I doing my best but trying to figure out the parallels to my BB.

Thanks very much in advance - your going to make someone else very happy if we can get this working right.
    Login into the web interface at

http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com/

Click Settings at the top right and disable SMS alerts.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    We did - they were already unchecked. The alerts aren't the issue now. I am trying to keep the messagin app from collecting e-mail. If all she needs is Xpress Mail, why do I need the messaging app doing the same job? That is two places to delete messages.

Thanks though.
    I have never seen this happen.

I hope some others can chime in with their ideas.

I know that Xpress Mail uses SMS to initiate the retrieval of e-mail. I wonder if that has somehow interfered with the SMS applications..

Uninstall xpressmail and re-install it on the Treo?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    I was hoping to avoid the re-load of software. But maybe that is what we will need to try next.

Thanks again.