1.    #1  
    I just installed the trial of pocket tunes and have a 2gb sd card full of mp3's. I have them encoded at 128kbs. Using the same mp3 files and the same headphones, I cannot get anywhere close to the quality of sound that I get on my Ipod. Does anyone else have this problem? Could I have a setting wrong. Are there any other players that sound better than pocket tunes?
    You may be suffering from a poor audio jack. Known problem with the 650's. I listen to 128's all the time on the 650 and they sound AMAZING.

I recommend the Seidio audio jack the plugs into the hotsync port.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  3.    #3  
    maybe I will just take it back to sprint. I only got it a few weeks ago and I shouldn't have to buy an extra part because the one that came with it doesn't work right. Thanks for your help.
    *shrug* I think that is a hasty outlook on a fantastic product. You'll be happy if you get the Seido adapter. Removes the worry about breaking the jack, too.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  5.    #5  
    I don't see how that is a "hasty outlook" I bought my phone 16 days ago, it has a 1 year warranty. If I take it to sprint and they tell me that it isn't covered under warranty, then I will fork out the money for the other adapter, but if it is covered, then I don't see the point of waisting the money and charging port.
  6.    #6  
    oh and last night I bought a 30 dollar pair of earphones from boxwave that use the 2.5 mm port, If I understand that adapter correctly, it is for 3.5 mm headphones right? If that's the case then that adapter will do me no good anyway.
    well yes, but 3.5mm is really the standard. all i'm saying is with this adapter you'll be quite happy.

the treo is buggy by default. any device made to be a jack of all trades is going to have problems. this adapter makes it a real contender for the ipod
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Shure sell some high quality earbuds specially made for the Treo 650... I don't think you will like the boxwave earphones.

I use some Sony isolating type and they sound excellent with my WMAs
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  9.    #9  
    the main reason I bought the boxwave ones is because they also have the mic on them, which is a really important feature to me. Are there any 3.5 mm earbuds with a mic that you would recommend?(so that I don't have to unplug it to answer the phone, I can just push the button on the earphones and it answers the call). I would preferrably like to keep it in the 30$ range? Thanks.
    Nope but the Shure;s sure are worth the money :P
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    the main reason I bought the boxwave ones is because they also have the mic on them, which is a really important feature to me. Are there any 3.5 mm earbuds with a mic that you would recommend?(so that I don't have to unplug it to answer the phone, I can just push the button on the earphones and it answers the call). I would preferrably like to keep it in the 30$ range? Thanks.

If you use the Siedio adapter, you will not be able to answer calls with it (without hacking it). If you use the adapter you already have with some good 3.5 mm headphones, you can answer calls using the built-in mic.

And the Shures for the Treo have a mic... they are made for the Treo.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.